Florida-North Florida

Venue in Destin area

Hello fellow brides to be! I am looking for a venue in Florida preferably on the gulf that can host a rehearsal, ceramony on the beach, and reception outside. My FI and I are from Kentucky so we will be traveling there with 50-75 guests. We would prefer a venue that has hotel accomadations! We were looking at a date in late 2012 or poss 2013. We have contacted two venues in Destin so far and they were a little expensive. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you so much!!

Re: Venue in Destin area

• chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I initially looked into having our wedding in Destin, but decided that the prices for a beachside wedding there were way out of our budget.  Instead we've moved to Panama City Beach, where things are still expensive, but not nearly as bad.  If you don't have your heart set on Destin, maybe you could look at PCB or Pensacola.  Both are just as pretty as Destin.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Ramada Plaza Resort or the Holiday inn Resort?  I'm having mine at the latter because they have packages so makes planning easier.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Also, those two resorts are in Fort Walton Beach but they are very close to Destin.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited January 2012
    If your budget is a little bigger WaterColor Inn, Sandestin and Carrolin Beach are all beautiful and have onsite accommodations. I wanted WaterColor but my wedding got too big for it to fit in my budget.
  • Look up the Destin Bay House.  It's beautiful!  I wanted to have mine there, but instead having it on the beach at a resort along with the recpetion directly on the beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards