Hawaii

Hair and Make-up

two questions:  who did you use and also how did you do your trail appointments?  I am not going out until the week of the wedding and am worried that I might not vibe with a stylist and won't have time to make a change?

Re: Hair and Make-up

• I'm using Leslie Gallagher.  I've heard fabulous things about her, but haven't been too impressed with communication yet.  I'm doing a trial with my local stylist for hair.  She's going to try several different things/styles and asked me to bring my camera, so she'll take back, side and front photos.  I'll then take those to Hawaii.  It was a last minute decision on my part, but I didn't have tie for a trial in Hawaii.  I'm not worried about the vibe.  I'll know what I want and I'll ask her to do as close as possible

• I am using Fath and Beauty.  She has been so great with communicating!

I am also not getting in until the week of the wedding. I am planning on doing a trial the day I get in to Hawaii.
    I am collecting pictures so that I can tell her exactly what I want for both hair and makeup.  I think as long as you know what you want and can articulate it clearly it should be fine! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Marci Guendal for my ceremony/reception make up which will take place in the morning.  then after the reception FI and I are going back to the beach for a TTD and Shelly from Mariah's Mane is coming to redo my hair and makeup for our evening Luau and after party. Both of them have been wonderful in their responses to questions. I can't wait to meet both of them. 
  • marriedonmauimarriedonmaui member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I just used the girl my WC provided. I can assure you that it's fine doing it when you get there. Whoever you are working with I'm sure can come up with something that you like. That's the point of the trial. If you REALLY don't like them, I'm sure your hotel has a spa/salon.

I did my trial the day before the wedding and I love how my hair turned out both that day and for the wedding. Getting along with the person didn't matter to me, getting something that I was happy with was. 
  • I also used Marci Guendel and she was great.  I looked better for my wedding than I had hoped!  lol
    imageAnniversary
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I was going to get an outside person come to my room but it was cheaper for me to go down to the salon in my hotel. Since I'm eloping, this will give my FI time alone to get ready. I'm just disappointed the salon doesn't offer airbrushing.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I'm using Regina as reccommended by my WC.  No trial though, so I will do a trial here at home and take pics with me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Used Faith & Beauty, Gemina is amazing to work with. She's on time, efficient, & sweet. We only did a consult no trial & I LOVED my hair day of...looked great &  held all day. She also did my make up, which I loved as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards