Ohio-Columbus
Options

Alterations time!

Hey all,

I just picked up my dress from David's and set my alteration date at the end of January. I was just hoping you guys would have some advice and maybe numbers ($$) paid for said alterations. 

The dress has an outter layer and then some tulle and may need to be hemmed a few inches. The bodice needs to be taken in a bit and I'd like a bow removed...

Thoughts on cost? Any suggestions for private seamstresses or tailors in Columbus?

Thanks! 

Re: Alterations time!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know there have been threads on this, you may want to try looking down the page and even a few pages back.

My dress was altered by Alan Ray (where I purchased it) and I think it cost about $275 for the alterations and bustle. The bustle was $75 of that I believe. I know there have been quite a few independent ladies that are highly recommended around here. If you have some time before your wedding, you might want to try checking into them as I know they book up fast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my dress altered by Linda Hammond in Hilliard.  I had it hemmed, taken in at the bodice, the bustle put in, and it was pressed.  I think it ran ~$250.  The dress fit me like a glove when she was done; I got a lot of compliments on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Linda Hammond and had the following done for $137

-bustle
    -hem
    -straps altered to be completely detatchable
    -reinforced the zipper

I passed on the pressing because I had to cram my dress in a car to Green Bay but she was waaaaaaaay more affordable for the pressing (can't remember the exact amount).

This is my dress (clicky)
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards