Illinois-Chicago
Options

Does anyone live in the burbs?

Hey everyone! I know we had a knot get together in the city a while back, I live in the burbs so it's kind of a pain to get to the city. I was wondering if anyone lived in the northwest burbs and wanted to get together for happy hour, or dinner and talk about wedding plans or just get a break from wedding planning! :) Email if interested!
gsk119@yahoo.com
Thanks!!

Re: Does anyone live in the burbs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Schaumburg/Hoffman or Lincolnshire
    DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Gina.  I'm new to both the Knot and the burbs and would love to have a get togetherin the burbs.  I'm in Palatine.  -Jacki
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the western burbs but am in Arlington Heights typically a couple times a week. Let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live and work in Aurora but would be up for something further east. Maybe near Oak Brook, which is near 294 and 88?
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm up for something like Oakbrook as well. Fun!
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jacki. I live in Palatine too. We should def try and plan something. I would also be up for Oak Brook area too. I work in Westmont so drive right through Oak Brook during the week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't live that close but I'm from Gurnee. I would love together! I am new to the knot and also to all this wedding planning so I would love to talk about ideas :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glendale Heights, would be nice to meet new people, count me in! =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd be up for something in Oak Brook too!
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    edited December 2011
    Seems like a lot of people live/work around the Oak Brook area so we can shoot for that. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only place I've been to in Oak Brook is the Oak Brook Mall, Houlihan's at the mall has really good happy hour Mon-Thurs or we can shoot for something on the weekend too. Let me know if you have any ideas!
  • Options
    fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be down for Oak Brook. I live in Hillside, right down the road.

Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work in Oak Brook as well - Houlihan's has good happy hour but if you don't know the area, finding it can be confusing because it's so tucked away in the little corner! Champps in Lombard has good happy hour too - right off Butterfield just a few minutes from Oak Brook Center toward 355.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could we do Monday October 10? Its a holiday for us, so that day is easiest for me to come in.

I am up for anywhere that has vegetarian food.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_anyone-live-burbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:1fcc61f9-437a-419f-b7de-180cb8e2279cPost:ff10fa30-f2df-4223-b831-9b43d23d9c5b">Re: Does anyone live in the burbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work in Oak Brook as well - Houlihan's has good happy hour but if you don't know the area, finding it can be confusing because it's so tucked away in the little corner! Champps in Lombard has good happy hour too - right off Butterfield just a few minutes from Oak Brook Center toward 355.
    Posted by parrothead84[/QUOTE]

That is very true, Houlihans can be hard to find. I've never been to Champs but I know where it is. I would be up for Monday October 10th! That is a few weeks away so if anyone wants to plan something in between now and then that would be cool too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Champps would be great!
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    edited December 2011
    Do you guys want to do Champps then? Does any day next week work? We can do Oct 10th too like MrsMLRB said but thought we could meet before hand if anyone was up for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd also be good for Oak Brook :D  Someone pick a date and time and I'll be there! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Next week is the Jewish holidays so I am out.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    kellycatalokellycatalo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i live/work in arlington heights/schaumburg area. i'd love to do something!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunatly, I won't be able to make Oct. 10.  I work downtown and don't have a car down here after work.  If anyone wants to do something next week in the Arlington Heights/Palatine area, I would love to join you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    edited December 2011
    Kellycatalo and jfellows, I live in Palatine so I am up for planning something next week in that area and then Oct 10th we  can do Oak Brook...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What time can everyone get to Champps in Lombard on the 10th?
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_anyone-live-burbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:1fcc61f9-437a-419f-b7de-180cb8e2279cPost:24f0651f-526a-4073-a628-73325ae39ef2">Re: Does anyone live in the burbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What time can everyone get to Champps in Lombard on the 10th?
    Posted by parrothead84[/QUOTE]

I get off work at 5:30 and I am about 10/15 min away so I can be there around 5:45ish
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good - I work across the street so I can be there whenever :)
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    edited December 2011
    wow you are super close! after we get a count of who all is coming maybe you can go a little early and get a table for us? Do they have a bar side and a dining side? If so, I think we should sit on the bar side it's usually more fun on the bar side ;)
  • Options
    fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm down for October 10th too, I can do any time, I work at home so I'm flexible. :) Looking forward to it!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be there!! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow so many ladies that live near by I live in Schaumburg and work close to Oakbrook so whatever works for me, I would love to make new friends I don't really have that many girlfriends because I spend all my time working and doing school work but getting a breather is much needed. I don't have a wedding date yet but I would love to hear ideas and just hang out with the ladies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just saw this today! I wish I had seen it earlier, I would love to meet up with some other knotties and talk shop. I will be in NYC on the 10th though, but maybe next time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I prob should have put that I live in Saint Charles and work in Batavia.....Duh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards