Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Honeymoon Help?

Hey ladies! So we are getting married on June 25th and debating on when we should take our honeymoon. My Uncle has a timeshare in Cabos San Lucas Mexico and wants to give us this gift as our wedding present. We are thinking we are going to be so stressed and exhausted form the wedding that we don't want to take our honeymoon right away. I am so excited that my Uncle is doing this for us! But if we wait, it might not feel like a honeymoon. Should we take our honeymoon right after?  My FI is not much help with this he says it's up to me. I need some advice or opinions please?? Thanks! 

Re: Honeymoon Help?

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you will hear differing opinions on this. I personally wanted to take my honeymoon right away. It made sense with our jobs, time of year, etc and it just fet more "honeymoon-y" to me. We didnt live together before we got married, so I loved the idea that right after we got married we went on a trip together then came home to our new house. That being said, our wedding was on a Saturday and we left the next Monday  (2 days later). WE both kind of wished we had left on a Tuesday just to give a day or two to unwind, visit with parents, open presents, pack, etc. GL with whatever you decide!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not married yet, and people have plenty of opinions on this subject, but I think it's fine to wait and have your honeymoon.  It will be your first vacation as husband and wife - I think that's all it takes for it to feel like a honeymoon, but that's me.  Do what you and FI feel comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married on August 14 and left for our honeymoon Sept 4, came back on the 11th. Originally we decided to go later since we were going to Vegas & California, and both would be REALLY hot mid-August. As time went on, though, we both were really looking forward to having some time to recuperate, get the house in order and have time to pack. I will tell you, best thing we ever did. H still raves about how awesome it was and will tell anyone not married yet that waiting a bit is the best!

We had SO many gifts stacked in the living room, we took the week/weekend after to get all that put away and toss the old stuff. (I had the Monday after off, so I didn't have to go back to work *right* away). The 2nd weekend after, we went to a reunion party in H's hometown, and then before we knew it, it was time to go! We were so relaxed, still super excited about the honeymoon, and we were so refreshed and ready to do our thing.

My bff is getting married in January, and they are waiting a week to go. Even if it's just a week, I definitely think having some time to chill after is great. We definitely would have been dragging the first couple days of our HM had we gone right away. Also we got a full week in. We like to leave a day when we come back to recover, do laundry etc before having to jump back into work, so had we left Monday or Tuesday and have had to come back Saturday, we wouldn't have been too happy, it would have really cut down on what we could do. This way, we left on a Saturday and came back on a Saturday, so we were able to get a few full days in at each location.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    amargaritas77amargaritas77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the responses!!
  • Options
    lubawyweddinglubawywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FH and I aare going to wait a month to take our honeymoon.  It just fits our schedule and feel like we will be able to more enjoy ourselves. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards