New Hampshire
Options

Rec. for Florist in So. NH

Hi,
Could anyone recomend a Florist in So. NH?  Price is a factor, what is reasonable?

July Bride

Re: Rec. for Florist in So. NH

• Options
    MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lyndsey Loring in Dover, NH.  Her prices are reasonable and she is highly recommended on this board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Lyndsey Loring. She is fantastic. I literally had no idea what I wanted, and she helped me figure out everything!

Her prices are listed on her website http://www.lyndseyloringdesign.com/pricing.html 

She is willing to work with you to figure out what you need as well. We are getting a bridal bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 3 nosegays, 9 (I think) bouts, CPs (about 18-20), 2 altar arrangements, pew wreaths, door wreaths, and 4 roses for a memorial for just under her "Best" package price. I was floored. I literally sat with her and pointed at things in the albums saying, "I like this, ooo I like this, oh this is pretty." My mom thought it would come to twice that.  We are using peonies, hydrangeas, and callas if that helps too :)
  • Options
    ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Secret Eden Flowers. The woman who owns and runs the company is Maria Harrington. She runs her business out of her home, and your first meeting with her is very casual - she invites you to her home and you can brainstorm about any ideas you might have. She's also great at helping you come up with some ideas if you don't know much about flowers, like myself.

Some of her prices are listed here on her website: http://www.secretedenflowers.com/

She is very responsive to emails and will adjust your quote up until 1 month before your wedding with any changes you want. We're doing roses and tulips for our April wedding. She is very accomodating.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lindsey Loring as well and she has been fantastic to work with so far.  We are having mini calla lilies and gerber daisies in the bouquets as well as fruit lined gerber daisy centerpieces and we found her prices to be awesome!  Even my FI (who is always shocked at sticker price on wedding vendors)  thought it was going to add up to way more.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    jesse1328jesse1328 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Ford Flowers in Salem, NH for our wedding this past September.  We worked with Bert, the owner, and he was totally amazing to work with!  I brought in pictures of things I liked, and he was able to take pieces of all of them and create exactly what I wanted!  He was so helpful and easy to talk to.  As far as price goes, I really don't know if they are comprable to other places or not.  We picked them through a vendor package at our reception location, so we didn't do a ton of price searching ahead of time.  If you want to see pictures of flowers from my wedding or Bert's contact info, let me know!!  I'd be happy to share!  jessperry2 at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photog had good things to say about Cymbidium Floral in Exeter.  Livandrich's flowers were by Ford I think and they were gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Cobblestone Florist in Concord (not exactly So.Nh)... but I wanted to recommend them. They were fantastic and reasonably priced. We loved them so much, we have used them again for other occasions. 

Lyndsay Loring is def. highly recommended on this board too! 

GL
  • Options
    Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Lyndsey Loring for our wedding back in September. She was fantastic to work with and super sweet to boot. Her prices are reasonable and her flowers are gorgeous. I absolutely loved all of our flowers and I'm so happy we went with her. There are several pictures of her work in my married bio. Feel free to browse and good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what you are looking to do for flowers, but for about $700 my sister did minimal flowers through a place in Meredith.
    She had a bridal bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 5 bouts, 2 corsages, an altar arrangement, and a small vase of roses.

Hopefully that can give you a small basic price range all the way up to the great vendors these ladies have given you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Lyndsey Loring!  I agree with all that was said about her in the previous posts.  She is super sweet.  She didn't even laugh when it was May '09 and our wedding isn't until October 2010 and I wanted to talk flowers already.  I didn't compare her prices with any others, but got a great first impression so we went with her.  She had books and books of ideas to choose from or obviously you can bring inspiration pics of your own.  She is willing to make changes up to two weeks in advance! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ekobs!  we did indeed use ford and i cannot say enough good things about them.  bert was incredible to work with.  as for price, we did not shop around as we knew we wanted them through ford, so i can't be of much help there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used PJs in Bedford. They were my venues preferred vendor and I'm glad I went with my venue 'expert' on this vendor. Very happy.
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sweet Meadows in Dover, NH! Val has been great to work with so far! We went with her because my Mom owns two assisted living facilities in Dover and that is where they prefer to order flowers from. My Mom said out of all of the florists she deals with on a regular basis Val is her favorite!
    I was impressed with her prices as well, they were a lot less than I was expecting!! We are using spider mums and callas. GL

TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Freshwater Farms in Atkinson. They were one of the preferred vendors for our reception site and out of the places I checked out, she had the best prices. I went to 4 florists total and Rhonda was the only one that really tried creating something for me because I had no clue what I wanted. 2 weeks before the wedding, I completely changed everything and she was very accomodating! She didn't change the prices even though I was adding more expensive flowers and even made me an extra arangement, which I found out when I arrived at the reception, for free and we came $300 under budget (especially compared to the other quotes we got)!

I would definitely recommend shopping around though! There are many great florists out there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ford Flowers in Salem, NH. Bert Ford is very talented and can help to create a vison for your wedding. He is very creative and is willing to go out of the box with whatever you may want but still figure out a way to fit it in your budget.  Keep in mind the more attendants you have the more expensive your flowers will be!

http://fordflowers.com

I highly recommend them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I wrote the wrong URL... here is is:

http://www.fordflower.com/

• Options
    lgkinnicuttlgkinnicutt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    still working on the whole flower thing...

Just wanted to say though that I have heard great things about PJ (he did my MOH's wedding in 2006) but he was HORRIBLE for my SIL in 2008- he missed appointments, never had the flowers he promised he would have and the final product was not what was promised.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've worked with Suzanne's in Hampstead NH. She did the flowers for my wedding and we photographed hers. She does great work! She's right on rte 111.
    Try her place out. She's really sweet, too. Beautiful ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Taylor Made Florals in Wyndham NH.  Ray, the owner, is great
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards