Maryland-Baltimore

Photographer rec? Also Sheryl Kelm?

Anyone have any recommendations for a photographer?

Also, how soon should I get in contact with Sheryl Kelm for alterations for a March 2011 wedding? What is her contact info? And roughly how much were alterations for you?

Thanks!

Re: Photographer rec? Also Sheryl Kelm?

• edited December 2011
    i contacted her for a consult and the soonest she had was september so i would suggest contacting her now. her email is kelmdesigner@comcast.net
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • edited December 2011
    For a photographer I would reccomend Chad Lippiatt - although I have not done my photos yet.

Other board favorites are Jen Lowe, Jenni - Forever Yesterday, Mandi White
  • edited December 2011
    Another rec for Jen Lowe!  She is fantastic :)  See my bio for full review and wedding pics (the Mrs. link under my siggy).

The sooner you contact Sheryl, the better.  She really books up fast!
  • jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll second Chad Lippiatt, and I can send you a link to my engagement photos if you'd like. He's very easy to work with and I love the e-pics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Stephanie Miller in Annapolis.  She's really sweet and our engagment and wedding pictures turned out great.
  • strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Jen Lowe.  She is just amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Another Jenni Combs (Forever-Yesterday) bride... totally love her.
    here's her blog post from my wedding: http://bloggidyblog.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/caroline-kevin-july-16-2010/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    Jenni from Forever Yesterday...we met with her first when we were looking, but in the end chose another studio for all of the "extras" (bells and whistles) that came with their package...but believe me - I'm wishing we had stayed with Jenni! Our pictures were good...but I think I'll always wonder how great they would have been with her artistic eye, and not the "traditional" approach that our photographers took (despite our telling them to go all out and go for the artistic shots)...good luck, and remember to really go with your best instinct when selecting your photographer, because you can't go back redo those pictures!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HeatherMekHeatherMek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ray Persinger.  He's great and I think reaonably priced.  He's willing to thow in a lot of stuff at no additional cost, like an extra photographer and engagement pictures.  Will also do reshoots if it rains the day of your wedding and you want outside pictures.  His albums are all digital and really creative.  He did my cousin's wedding and a bunch of friends and I've never heard anything negitive about him.

http://www.persingerphotography.com/ - - - just in case you want to check out his site.
  • edited December 2011
    Meghan from MeghanLynnphotography is another board favorite..she did my epics and is doing my wedding and I LOVE her. She's a 3/2011 bride herself, so i would contact her first to see if she's shooting that month.

HTH

her site is www dot meghanlynnphotography dot com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Matt From Tender Images. His prices are great and he is fantastic to work with!! his website is tenderimages dot net.

As far as Sheryl goes...she is WONDERFUL!!! I booked in April for a July fitting for my September wedding. I would def contact her ASAP. Pricing I think is all bsed on how much alterations are needed but she is VERY resonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    David Hartcorn took our pictures and everyone cannot get over how beautiful they are. I can't believe we look that good! Amazing with lighting, postproduction effects, realistic and artistic style (nothing hokey!) He's incredibly nice,  professional, and certainly not your typical wedding photographer--you have to make sure he isn't going to Sudan or Guatemala that weekend!
    http://www.davidhartcorn.com

And hooray for Sheryl Kelm! She even made my veil. Total price with alterations was way way less than anything from a bridal shop!
  • MEGS_UMDMEGS_UMD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had D Bryant Photography as our wedding photographer and he was absolutely amazing to work with. My family loved our pictures (http://dbryantphoto.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/kent-manor-inn-wedding-umbrellas-on-standby/). I don't see him mentioned on this board a lot, but highly recommend him.

• edited December 2011
    Ashley Therese Photography hands down!!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards