Texas-Houston

Wedding Dresses on a small budget

I am really lost about finding a wedding dress...I have a small budget like under 800.00, and I am having a hard time finding a dress in my budget.  I like some Jasmine dresses, Mary's bridal (karelinasposa), and Eden dresses.  Most Harwin dress shops do not have websites, but I am guessing that these may be the best for me with my budget. Does anyone know anything that can help me with my issue?
Photobucket

Re: Wedding Dresses on a small budget

• edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal has a lot of dresses in that budget. I dont know if you have tried them yet? I have read some positive and negative reviews on here about going to Davids Bridal, but I think it probably just depends. And also depends on what your looking for. Check out their website and see if anything catches your eye and go from there. I know a few other places. One of my friends got her dress from Marry Go Bridal.. It;s suppose to be a "gently worn" dress shop, I dont know if your comfortable with that, but some of these dresses have never been worn, like hers, someone had ordered it but changed their mind.
    I've been to harin but not sure about wedding gowns there, I'm sure they have a store in there somewhere that sells them,
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Mandan5Mandan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister ordered her dress from Pearl's Place in New Orleans.  They have tons of different brands and are often much cheaper than other bridal salons.  She bought a Watters dress and it was $500 less at Pearl's Place than any local salons.  If you find something you like locally that's a bit out of your price range it may be worth calling Pearl's Place to see if they have the dress.
  • edited December 2011

I found my dress at Weddings by Debbie for only $700. They have a HUGE selection and every price range. I wasn't looking for anything that low in price but just happened to fall in love with a dress and when I found out the price I loved it even more. You do have to make an appt. Here is the website if you're interested... http://www.weddingsbydebbie.com Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I went to Ventura's bridal and found MANY dresses under $800. If you just let your saleslady know what your budget is, they will help you and work with you.

I also agree that David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo are also good options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Marry Go Round on West Gray for $432 with tax.  They sell dresses from shops that have gone out of business or samples.  Most have never been owned.  If you don't mind digging you can find some really great deals.  Mine is an older style Casablanca dress, it's never been owned and it looks great.  I think their average price is around $400, some are more, some are less.  Oh and the ladies there are super helpful.  I think they only take one or two appointments at a time so they pay a lot of attention to you.  I also went to David's Bridal and kinda felt ignored because my consultant was so busy (she didn't even have time to pull dresses for me, I just went and did it myself.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at PerfectBridal.com for less than that, it's online but I received it in 2 weeks and fit perfectly, I checked out their great reviews 1st before placing order.

You can also try TY Trading Store at Harwin, 6875 Harwin Drive, # L, Houston, TX 77036, (713) 978-7901  (they are closed on Sundays). They have plenty of wedding dresses around $300+  ...they have wedding gowns, accessories, centerpieces, etc.

Another option is to look through local craigslist.org or the classifieds here on the knot section.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_wedding-dresses-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:d02254f4-a3d7-4648-a7e3-aa89d194282cPost:12a4db6c-5f42-4a96-a38d-cf4b52c0b5ce">Re: Wedding Dresses on a small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got mine at Marry Go Round on West Gray for $432 with tax.  They sell dresses from shops that have gone out of business or samples.  Most have never been owned.  If you don't mind digging you can find some really great deals.  Mine is an older style Casablanca dress, it's never been owned and it looks great.  I think their average price is around $400, some are more, some are less.  Oh and the ladies there are super helpful.  I think they only take one or two appointments at a time so they pay a lot of attention to you.  I also went to David's Bridal and kinda felt ignored because my consultant was so busy (she didn't even have time to pull dresses for me, I just went and did it myself.)
    Posted by jmkes[/QUOTE]

This.  Marry Go Round gave me individual service and had gorgeous gowns!  I had a much better experience there than at Alfred Angelo but family pressure had me buying at AA.  Maybe shop the big store first so you can compare?
    Our Wedding Day
  • edited December 2011
    I second Mary Go Round, I saw some pretty stuff when I went there.

I got mine at Davids bridal for like $300 on their sale section. 
  • akeptwoman26akeptwoman26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No offense to those who purchased from David's Bridal, maybe its the store I went to but the service was horrible and the dressing room is way to small. I hardly like any of their dresses. The dresses are cheap and the ones I tried on looked cheap, was torn, but u get what u pay for. The dresses was poor quality. I went to alfred angelo and had a wonderful experience. I had a budget of 600 but once I tried on some dresses, I fell in love with a dress that's new and is apart of private collection. I'm not getting married until Sept of next year so I will be calling every month to see what the special and the price is. AA always have specials goin on. I love their dresses and they are of good quality. The dress I like was 1,000 with 200 off and the veil was 179 with 15% off if I purchased it the same day with the dress. I also went to Marry Go Round, they had some ok dresses (that's my OPINION) but nothing caught my eye and the one that I sort of liked was 685.00. My advice to you is to shop around, you only get married one, so you want a good quality gown. If you go to David's Bridal and then another store you will notice the difference in the quality of dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I have been to David's for my BM dress because I am in a wedding in December.  I did see some nice dresses, but nothing that was nice enough. I didnt see anything over the top.  Yes my budget is small, but I have found one dress that was over the top, within my budget, but they discontinued it, so I am back at square one. :( Pearl's place carries ALOT of designers, but I may actually have to travel to New Orleans to find the dress, so I am not too happy about that.  Thanks for all your suggestions, I am looking into all of them.  Its good to know that you all know what I am going through and gave me great advice.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and that was no disrespect to the David's Bridal Brides.  Like I said they have nice dresses, just not what I was looking for.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

I bought my dress at David's and I'm not offended by these posts.  Everybody has different tastes. :)  I was very hesitant about going to DB because my sister had an awful experience.  My experience was totally different.  I went to the one on San Felipe and our  consultant, Brenda, was wonderful.  I went in wanting to look at 1 dress.  It was really the only one I liked out of all of theirs.  It was the first one I tried on.  After trying on several others just to say I did, I bought it.  It was 399 and with the veil I was under 500.  It just depends whats important to you.  I wanted a pretty dress for a low cost.  I know its my wedding dress but I didn't want to blow my budget on a dress I would only wear once.  My advice too is to get the first appointment of the day.  When I went, I had the 11:00 appointment and my consultant was only working with me.  Also went on a Wednesday when they're not as busy as the weekend.  Good luck! 

• FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ventura's is a great store.  I have heard of many people ordering them online with great success, but you have to be comfortable with that.  You can also buy a sample dress (which I did) and lots of them will be under $800. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards