DC

After party?!

Hey hey!  We are considering having an "after party" close to our reception venue so that we can continue to celebrate with our guests, many of them OOTers.  I have gotten the names a few places on U St and would like any input on these places if you can!

Just FYI our reception is at Busboys and Poets @ 14th and V so if you have any other ideas, that is also great!

So far I have:
Indulj
Jin
LIV nightclub
Tabaq
Pure
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: After party?!

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest that you scout those places out on a weekend night, well before your wedding.  Many of those lounges are very crowded, with lines to get in, and then standing room only once inside. You guests may or may not want an opportunity to lounge and chill, after all the activity of the reception.

For any club/lounge that you decide on, go through the process of getting in, and getting around, to make sure it will work for your guests.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jodcoffeejodcoffee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the thing.... I don't live in DC so I was reaching out to others to see if they had any experiences at these places!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about LIV but I've also heard it's crowded and there's usually lines on Saturday nights. I was thinking of trying to get a hotel suite or finding a less crowded hotel bar for an after party. I'm afraid to risk long lines and Sat night DC crowds ...some places might take reservations or allow you to rent a room for a small fee?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards