Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Adding to my ring

Hey all...I've had a year and a half engagement so far. My fianc knew that I wanted a halo setting around my ring originally but because it was going to be so much more, he decided not to. However, I feel like my ring is missing something and always wanted the halo setting. Is it rude or wrong to add to it as part of a wedding day gift he would give me? He suggested the idea but I don't know if I should wait until after the vows to add anything to it. What would you do??

Re: Adding to my ring

• Options
    I would wait until after you choose a wedding band. I have a halo and it was a B!tch to find a band that I liked.  You may not want the halo after you choose the band.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with Hoboken. I had to have my wedding band custom made. I would wait until you've picked out your band and see how you like the look of the two rings together.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Daizy106Daizy106 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I always wanted the halo too, but i feel that everyone who is getting engaged now has a halo and every ring all starts to look the same after awhile. i wanted my ring to be timeless, and of course original so i told my fiance whenever you decide to get a ring don't get a halo, as long as i have a cushion cut diamond i am happy. he did well. Center stone is 1.2ct and side stones range from .10-.20 and the band is platinum. It looks vintage and thats what i love about it. But if you decide that you still want it, then i don't think adding to it is bad, but i do suggest waiting until you get your wedding bands and decide after if you still want the halo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards