Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

would you still go to this tasting

We have 3 cake tastings set up for next monday and one of them emailed me for pictures before hand so she had an idea which I loved.  So I sent her over my pictures and she replied that she did not think she could replicate the grooms cake I sent over but could definately do the bridal.  I explained how important this grooms cake was and asked what she did not feel she could accomplish about the original picture.  She replied with a 2nd picture of something she could "likely recreate something similar" to.  I 100% appreciate her honesty but I am thinking I should just cancel the tasting.  Am I just being too critical and give her another shot or am I right for thinking she still doesnt even sound confident in the 2nd picture which to me is very inferior to what I want.  She is our venues preferred vendor so I want to give her a shot but at the same time I am worried it might just be a waste. Thoughts?

Here are the pictures
What I want

This is what she think she might be able to do something similar

Re: would you still go to this tasting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would cancel.  Why waste both of your time if she can't do it?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's told you she can't give you exactly what you want. You have to decide if the substitute is acceptable. If it's not, then cancel.

Before you cancel on her, can either of your other two vendors do it? If they can't, then you might want to reconsider your dealings with this particular vendor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is the photo you have a photo of a real cake? Do you know of any other vendor who can produce a cake that looks like that? And what is it suppose to be?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If its what you want then pass! My groom's cake is a turn table and Delicious Cakes is going to do it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go - cancel. Trying to have her re-create a cake that she doesn't feel comfortable doing will not only stress you out, it will stress her out, as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would cancel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all, I am meeting with the other two first, and if either one is comfortable pulling off my desired design I will cancel the tasting with the above bakery.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind if I ask which bakery it is that is unable to reproduce something like that?

I'm in your area, and oddly enough I am looking for a groom's cake similar to your design. However, if she isn't comfortable with it I don't want to waste her time by essentially asking the same thing of her that you already have.
    Clever girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards