Maine
Options

DAY of Coordinator

Does anyone in the Portland Area know of a good day of wedding coordinator?

Re: DAY of Coordinator

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired Meghan of B Merry Events.  I am using as both a DOC and some pre-wedding work.  She charges by the hour and basically we can use her as much or as lilttle as we need.  Best part - she bills us after the wedding.  Smart move!  We've mostly just spoken via email and phone, but I am meeting her next weekend in person to go over some items.  She's been great so far.
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may have to check out the B Merry Events.  I'm only stressing about the ceremony - getting it set up, taken down, telling the guys what to do, etc.  I have a few friends that have offered, but I don't want to put them to work. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was my exact reasoning.  We are having a friend marry us so she'll run the rehearsal for the ceremony, will set up and clean up for the rehearsal if we want to, and will do EVERYTHING the day of.  Set up decorations, trouble shoot, manage vendors, keep us on a timeline, and clean up.  SO worth the money!  It took me a long time to convince FI because it wasn't an important item to him.  He thinks things just "happen" until I explained all the stress it was already causing me and started listing off what there was to do that day, and he quickly agreed.  lol
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind sharing how much she charges per hour?  You can PM me if you want.  I hate wasting people's time when I find out they are way beyond what I can afford.  I've already done that once with flowers before I decided to do my own. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure, I sent one.
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info.  I've sent her an email since I'm currently voiceless.  This would definitely be one less thing I would have to stress about!  I'm such a control freak, I'd rather be the one standing there telling people what to do, but I know that doesn't make sense to be doing at my own ceremony!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, ME TOO!  That is why I knew I needed someone.  The poor thing is going to have lists and diagrams galore!  haha. 

Hope your voice is better soon!   If she has the date available, I recommend speaking with her.  She is so nice and bubbly and she made me feel so comfortable that she was the right person for me.  She "got" me and what I was trying to do. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    edited December 2011
    She's booked Cry
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww...sorry to hear that!  Keep searching!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    edited December 2011
    She sent me a couple of referrals but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Happy "7 months to go"!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww, thank you!  I saw that this morning on my ticker and thought wow, it will be here before I know it!  The countdown is so much fun!
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards