Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Morning Weddings

My fiancee and I are getting married in our local playhouse that we both love so much. We are having our ceremony and reception there. It's insanely cheap (I'm  talking about $800 for 5 hours!) and perfect space for our guests. The only problem is, we want to get married on our 2 year anniversary which is on a saturday and the playhouse is having a play that evening. That forces us to have a morning wedding. We are ok with it (everyone says we will save money) but I want to know what you all think? Is it really such a great idea? Will it be worth getting up so early in the morning? Just want some feedback to know that I won't regret having a morning wedding.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Morning Weddings

• I think it depends on whether or not you want the whole reception with tons of drinking  and dancing? I'm not sure whether guests would want to drink and dance as much in the morning as opposed to how they would later in the evening. How early are you talking though? As in, what time would the party need to stop so they could prep for the play? I think if it's not 8am and closer towards lunch time you'll still get the dancing. 

I think you plan with that in mind, that it is going to be a morning wedding, you'll still be able to have a wedding that you want :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    It depends on how early morning is.  If it's a 10A wedding, you're going to have to get up several hours ahead to get ready.  So will your groom, and your attendants, and your parents and other VIPS.  Will it be a problem getting vendors that early - photographer, etc?.  How about set-up for the reception?  Will you be able to do that the day before, because you won't have time the day of?  If you want a party with drinking and dancing, you're more likely to have that with an afternoon or evening wedding.
  • Thanks everyone. Neither my fiance nor I are big party people so it's ok to us if we don't have a drinking and dancing party. We have to be out of the venue by 6 in order for them to set up for the play. I think we are still leaning towards a morning wedding. I just don't want to over stress myself. We would probably have the wedding starting at 11 am
  • Hey I think a morning wedding is just fine. I am getting married next month and my ceremony is to start at 10:30 and our reception is over at 5. It will be kind of stressing in the morning I am sure when its time to wake up but in the end you can relax afterwards, enjoy eachother and have your own celebration together after the wedding is over. It will all be worth it and I bet you will not regret it! And I agree with what PP said about older generations and younger generations, both parties will be happy. Part of the reason I am going with the morning. I am one of those people that when at a wedding and it hits 10 pm Im ready for bed ya know, so it works out great. Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I've been to a couple of morning weddings with brunch receptions, and they were lovely. The atmosphere was laid-back, and most of the guests drank mimosas instead of heavier cocktails. The food was really good too (I love brunch). The dancing wasn't as energetic as it would be late at night, but everyone had a good time.

Also, it was nice to have Saturday evening free to gather with family and friends afterward.
  • Thanks for everyones inputs. I think a morning wedding will be perfect. I do love the idea of having the whole evening with my new husband instead of spending all morning away from him then all night entertaining guests. I think I will love my wedding and definitely won't regret it.
  • We're getting married at 11am. We're not big into dancing or drinking, and we only have the weekend off (delayed honeymoon!), so it will be nice to have a little extra time afterwards than if we were at the wedding reception until really late.

Up to your preference :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just went to a morning wedding last December. FI's cousin got marrried, ceremony started at 11 am. Reception right after at local halI (maybe a 10 minute drive or so away on a Sunday). There was tons of dancing (the DJ was really good, so much so I am thinking of asking him for the number so I can have options), and there was a wine toast. It was really fun and the dancing was so energetic (lots of young people: bride and groom are young). 

I have yo admit, I did miss the ceremony (due to the grooms onw sister and cousin...UGH!). I arrived just as it was over.. and it was a Catholic wedding. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I am getting married at 11:30 on the ocean so I am having it earlier to enjoy the sun :) I also have been to morning/afternoon weddings that were super fun! It all depends on the crowd you have, a younger crowd for the most part will not care if its morning or late night...they are ready to party! The older crowd likes it since they can drive home and enjoy their night. I am having an after party to be able to celebrate with my friends later in the evening so that is an option for you too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards