Colorado-Denver
Options

Recommend you DJ!!!!!

Hello All!

There are so many DJ choices out there and I have no idea where to start!  well actually I had an idea to start here!!!  So I'm asking all of you to recommend your DJ!  I'm looking for someone who can play a wide variety of music and will keep my guests on the dance floor all night long!  Also i'll need them for the ceremony too!  I don't really want the break the bank so I'm gunna say by budget is around $1,000 if possible!  Thanks so much!!!!

Re: Recommend you DJ!!!!!

• Options
    masked_rose86masked_rose86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used A Music Plus for my DJ and they worked great!  They actually contract out to lots of different DJs so you might not meet your actual DJ till the day of your wedding (but I've heard they can accomidate you if you absolutely want to meet them). 

I was SO happy with our DJ.  I didn't meet him till the reception, and he did a very good job with all the music and was very good about getting people dancing.  They chose a DJ exactly based on what we described we wanted (involved but not too much the center of attention).  His name was Porter (in case you want a name to request).   We paid $795 for 5 hours I believe.  I didn't really look anywhere else for DJ's other than A Music Plus, but I was very happy with him!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    v3ronv3ron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used A Music + as well.
    Our DJ was John and he was fantastic.
    review in bio!
    gl!
  • Options
    Denver SarahDenver Sarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, we got two recommendations for A Music Plus, too! I just called and scheduled a meeting with them. They have a second office at a new place called Vows on 18th & Blake. It's a wedding store, basically, with lots of vendors. Has anyone been there?
  • Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I have been to the Vows store. It is basically a group of various wedding vendors who work together and share the same office. They are a great group of people, I have met a couple of them.  It is really pretty space too. If you have not yet picked out a backer Tea Cup who is  in Vows, has the best tasting cakes. I just love what she can do with them, yummy.
  • Options
    SpunkchinSpunkchin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ Guy at djguy.biz  the website looks lame but they were spot on and fantastic to work with
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking for a DJ for my wedding.. I will be checking out both reccomidations as well but would love more to choice from!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used to us A Music + for school dances (I worked for a middle school) and they were VERY hit-or-miss.  We had some great guys, but we had some truely awful ones, too.  So I would reccomend that you do meet your DJ beforehand if you use this company and asking for one of the guys mentioned above would probably also be a good idea.  I know middle school dances are very different from weddings, but I'm talking real jerks/slimeballs, not just innapropraite music choices or blah DJing. 

My sister is a pro singer so she's setting up the music/ sound system stuff, so I don't have any experience DJ searching for my wedding.
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    coolcourt85coolcourt85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Affinity for music is a husband/wife team that did an awesome job at our wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards