New York-Western

Welcome bags?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done (or is planning to do) welcome bags for the out-of-town guests staying at the hotels?  If so, did you do one bag per couple or one per person?  What did you include?

I would like to do them if the budget allows for an extra thing, and I've been brainstorming what kinds of things to stick in there. I have a few ideas but I could use more. :)

My friends did this for many of the weddings I've attended, and I thought it was a nice touch, something I appreciated.  I would like to make my bags a bit Buffalo-themed if I do end up doing it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Alison

Re: Welcome bags?

• We didn't make them yet, but, I've been brainstorming them up in my head.

For costs and practicality, I think we're just doing one per couple.

We wanted a buffalo theme too but we wanted it to be snacking friendly.  We were thinking sponge candy, little bottles/cans of loganberry, and then we found these little duo bottles of beef on weck seasoning/hot sauce.  Then we were going to just put in like some pretzels/nuts or something. 

Because we're having a fall wedding we were going to maybe put in little bottles of maple syrup, but we might do that for favors, so not sure on that yet.

Also, we were going to include a map, we are going to make it with the pinpoints of the reception and ceremony and some of our favorite haunts/touristy things. 
  • We're planning on doing these. One of my concerns, though, was that I didn't want to put anything in there that OOT guests would have trouble flying home with. If you don't check a bag, over 3 ounces and they'll have to get rid of it. :)

I love the sponge candy idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards