Not Engaged Yet
Options

What do you wear when flying?

I always feel like a slob when I fly because I wear 'comfy' clothes. What do you wear when you fly? Do you have suggestions for cute outfits that are also comfortable? I'm just trying to get stuff ready for our honeymoon, which we leave for in 20 days! :-O
Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

Re: What do you wear when flying?

• Options
    Yay 20 days before your honeymoon how exciting!

What I wear depends on where I am flying to.  I try to stay comfortable I usually either wear jeans.capris with a comfy shirt.  I try to layer especially if I am flying somewhere warmer.

Anniversary

• Options
    Yoga pants, a tank, flips, and a zip up hoodie. I look like a slop, too, but a comfy slob.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    I dress like a slob, too.  Fleece pants and a t-shirt, usually.  I can't stand jeans or anything stiff when I'm sitting for a long time.
  • Options
    I usually wear jeans with some stretch in them ( most of them have some stretch these days) and a tank or sleeveless shirt under a sweater or something.  And flip flops!  You might want to bring some socks, though, as sometimes your feet end up FREEZING!!! 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    We tend to travel several times a year for pleasure and I usually wear a cute pair of jeans, fun top with a cardigan to layer it due to never know temps on the plane, as well as wedges. It is casual comfy, but yet still not quite the sweats comfy.(Not that anything is wrong with that, I just refuse to wear sweats out of my house!). Depending on how long your flight is, on some of our longer flights, I pull out my socks and throw them on while I leave my wedges under the seat. (Im a germ-aphobe and throw my socks on when I have to go through the TSA securtiy check so I dont have to walk barefoot on that icky flooring!). 

Have a wonderful time on your honeymoon, and bottom line, is be comfortable and be you!!! 
  • Options
    If it is a shorter flight I would go with jeans, a cute top and a cardigan.  I'd definitely go with ballet flats so I could easily slip them off for security.  Oh and if I'm wearing a belt, I just leave it in purse until I'm through security. 

For longer flights, I'm more likely to go with yoga pants and a hoodie.  But the last international flight I took, I was still in college, so wearing yoga pants/sweats in public was not a big deal.  I think I more likely to go with jeans now.  I feel like a slob now when I wear yoga pants out of the house.  It would really depend on the time of the flight and our plans for when we arrived. 

If I am wearing sandals on the plane I always pack a pair of socks in case my feet get cold. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm usually in a dress/skirt and tights with flats and a cardo.  Easy on/off through security, and then I don't have to worry about being freezing.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I usually wear comfortable jeans and a lightweight t-shirt - especially if the destination I'm flying to is warmer than where I've been, like going from New Jersey to Miami in the middle of February. I always have a sweatshirt or a hoodie because it's always friggin' freezing in airplanes (at least, the ones I've been on have been friggin' freezing). 

I try to avoid flip-flops when I fly because there is a lot of running and standing around and there's so many people that can step on you or get your toes run over by rolling luggage. You also run the risk of breaking your flip flops, especially if you have to run, and then you're stuck without any extra footwear. Yes, it makes the security easier, but you can always wear slip-on sneakers. It's way more comfortable.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    If I'm flying for pleasure, I usually wear jeans and a sweater, and shoes that are generally easy to get on/off.  If I'm flying for work, it's usually a comfortable pair of khakis, sweater, and my slip on dress shoes.
  • Options
    I usually dress comfy, depending on the length of the flight and what I'm doing when we land. If FI is taking a suit jacket, he usually wears that on the plane so he doesn't have to pack it carefully or anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I always wear stretchy jeans or cotton capris (depending on the season), a light t-shirt, and a zip-up hoodie. I wear slip-on sneakers because I hate messing with laces when I'm trying to rush through security. Flip-flops make me nervous because of the reasons Bella stated.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the considerations, ladies! I think I will probably just stick to my slobby ways since we have a long overnight flight.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    Yeah, for an overnight, I'd probably replace my jeans with sweatpants. Most of my flights are 3-4 hours. I've never done a longer, overnight flight.
  • Options
    I spent many years having to dress up to fly (thank you employee standby dress code), so now I dress for comfort when I fly, especially on longer flights.
  • Options
    I wear leggings and a tunic or long shirt and some kind of sweater or jacket.  Though I suspect when I fly to Maui its going to be a sundress of some kind.  I want to hit the ground running when I get there. 
  • Options
    Depends on where I'm going. If it's a place I need my hikers, I wear those on the plane. They might not be easy on/off (although I usually just lace them loose until after security), but they're not light and are kind of clunky so I don't like packing them. I wear yoga pants (which are definitely a step up from track pants), a t-shirt or long-sleeve t, and hoodie or cardigan with them. If I'm going somewhere hot, I put flip flops in an easily accessible place in my suitcase for when we arrive.

I definitely dress for comfort, and I find I'm always freezing so I have to layer up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Usually yoga pants or leggings & a sweater or hoodie with a pair of Toms.  I can't do jeans when I fly.  I can't do flip flops either because my feet get cold.

• Options
    I wear comfy clothes too. I usually have to fly out of JFK and we have to take our shoes, belts, etc. off so I usually wear yoga pants, flats or flip flops, a t-shirt and I bring a sweatshirt just in case it is cooler where I am going. 
    Visit The Nest!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I haven't been on a lot of planes, but the last couple of times we went home I wore comfortable jeans, a t-shirt and a cozy sweater.  I tend to get really cold.  I also wear my running shoes, which is good for me because I've only had to take off my belt.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_what-do-you-wear-when-flying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:80326b3b-c874-462f-bcc6-7e8f9bf40f7aPost:ace59a7d-6c5d-47de-8978-e652ae1bdad9">Re: What do you wear when flying?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leggings, flats, a short sleeve shirt and duster sweater,  short tshirt skirt.  Snuggle riffic. Also, flying tip...<strong> I suspected this guy who was being a jerk was either following me or was headed to the same destination so I explained the situation and asked the desk to make sure my seat wasn't near him and they upgraded me to first class for free. 
    </strong>Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have try this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards