Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Location under your avatar

I think I figured it out.

Click on your avatar to open your bio.

Married knotties: Click on "My Planning Bio" under your avatar. (Not yet marrieds, skip to the next step)

Click on "Edit My Profile" under your avatar.

Go to the third tab, "Our Wedding"

What appears in the first box, "Wedding Location" is the location that will show up on your posts.

I didn't have a location, until I added it just now.
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Location under your avatar

• Options
    Oh wtf. It was working just now, I swear! Now it's gone again...
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ring pop...this is sort of related.  Can you change your wedding date on your profile? Not really a big deal but mine is wrong and it annoys me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_location-under-avatar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7403fd2e-aee2-4040-84f7-f9e965de7c18Post:57e6730e-cb25-478a-a9d5-c0d0f8148806">Re: Location under your avatar</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ring pop...this is sort of related.  Can you change your wedding date on your profile? Not really a big deal but mine is wrong and it annoys me.
    Posted by Koopa17[/QUOTE]

That I can help you with! You need to open your bio and look for the "Update my account" link, it's at the top. You should be able to change it in there.

If it's correct in there, then I don't know what's wrong. Chalk it up to another glitch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Yay, thanks! I don't know why a 3 week difference bothered me but that is besides the point...
  • Options
    My location is not under "Our Wedding."

Yet it still saved where it was. Helllp?
  • Options
    Yeah that didn't help me.  NOTHING on my account or profile says Arkansas.  I'm not in Arkansas damnit!
  • Options
    I can't find anything that says MSP either, and it says that's where I am. I wanna be from Fargo. I'm having an identity crisis.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Does anyone else think "avatar" is possibly one of the geekiest words ever? :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I went to update my profile and changed my zip code to 12345 and it says I am in New York. I think that's where the information is coming from.

Ring- what do you have? You don't have a location.
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure I'm totally comfortable with saying where I'm from. Can we NOT have a location there?
  • Options
    Sco, I feel the same way.  I keep asking and everything everyone says to do does not work.
  • Options
    I don't think I'm gonna get much work done today. I wanna work for The Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_location-under-avatar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7403fd2e-aee2-4040-84f7-f9e965de7c18Post:4e108a61-bc88-42c7-94b6-c3d5ba23d3ce">Re: Location under your avatar</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to update my profile and changed my zip code to 12345 and it says I am in New York. I think that's where the information is coming from. Ring- what do you have? You don't have a location.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

Oh good sleuthing!
    I have a Canadian postal code which is like this: A1A 1A1. Maybe the Knot doesn't know what to do with it. (I've noticed that no one else on the Canada board has a location either).
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks RP! I changed it, but it hasn't updated. So as of right now I'm a NY-er :P
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2009
    That could be true Ring.

I live in St Thomas and it's not picking up that one either.  Although my zip code is from the USPS.

edit: It does show up on the Nest and Bump though.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I changed mine to 00000 but it's still showing up as Baltimore. asdflaksdfskd
  • Options

Yeah... mine says Milwaukee but I'm from the Madison area... wtf

• Options
    I love that The Knot is snotty enough to note Manhattan as "New York City" but those of us in the other boroughs are "Outer Boroughs".  If this isn't New York City, I would like to stop paying NYC income tax, please, because it's a real biyatch!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards