Hawaii
Options

Suggestions for good hotels/condo complexes for groups in Maui

Hello all,
I need some suggestions for good accommodations for our weddings guests and us.  My fiance and I will be getting married in Lahaina in mid-April next year and I'm currently looking for suitable accommodations.  We are not yet completely sure of how many people will be able to make it to the wedding or not, but we are estimating more than 40.  What I was hoping to do was find a large hotel/condominium complex that would be able to accommodate most or all of us so all of our guests and ourselves would all be staying in the same area.  I'd prefer the "condo style" accommodations where there is a kitchen so that we don't have to go to a restaurant for every single meal.  Another benefit of condos is that there are different sizes, since some guests will just be staying 2 per condo, and other groups will have 6-8 people in a condo.

I'm thinking that everyone staying in the same area will make the logistics much easier, and booking as a group should mean better rates too... at least that's what I'm hoping.  We're looking for reasonable prices rather than 5 star luxury since we are likely staying longer than a week and luxury prices would really add up.

So far I've been looking into:
Royal Lahaina - http://www.royallahaina.com/ 
Aston at Papakea - 
http://www.astonhotels.com/resort/overview/aston-at-papakea-resort

Any thoughts/reviews/experiences related to these hotels, suggestions of other hotels, or general thoughts/suggestions on group bookings would be very much appreciated!

Re: Suggestions for good hotels/condo complexes for groups in Maui

• Options
    We & most of our guests stayed the Honua Kai when we got married last April. The condos there are really nice & you can find some good prices through the resort directly sometimes or on VRBO
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We just got back from getting married in Maui and also stayed at the Honua Kai in Lahaina.  We absolutely loved the resort and the rooms.  They are all equipped with a full size kitchen and washer & dryer.  We got a one bedroom and it was awesome.  We also booked ours via VRBO and got an excellent rate and didn't have to pay the $25/day resort fee if you were to book directly with the resort.  

Good luck with your planning process!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CJKekCJKek member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I just checked out the Honua Kai's website and it looks really nice.  But, unfortunately when I looked at the prices, they were all $300/night or more + $25/day resort fee... I was hoping to find something a little bit cheaper than that...
  • Options
    We are getting married in May next year and just got a room block at Royal Lahaina.  PM me if you want me to show you the rates that we got.  I also have group pricing for Aston Kaanapali that I can send you too.
  • Options
    We're staying at the Kahana Sunset...we have a large group and got great rates through our travel agent. Let me know if you want her info.
  • Options
    We were given some amazing group rates at the Westin Kaanapali Villas which are condos.  Stunning property too!
  • Options
    CJ - I'm in the same boat... we're looking for condos or lodgings w/ kitchens for guests staying about a week. Let me know and I can PM you some rates in my search...

Tanq - would you mind PMing me your contact for the Westin Kaanapali Villas?  TIA!
  • Options
    Hi Browniebear!
    Would you mind PM'ing me the rates you have found as well? I'm in the same boat, trying to find lodging/condos for guests. I'd love for us all to be close together leading up to and after the big day and of course kitchens are great so that we don't have to eat out every meal.
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for the suggestions so far!  Lots to research for me to do, haha!  I've been in contact with a bunch of the hotels listed and asking about the group discounts.  So far I've ruled out the Royal Lahaina though - the rates where quite decent, but most of the rooms don't have kitchens in them so that was kind of a dealbreaker for me. 

I"ve also started to look at condo/townhouse rentals to see if I can find anything that way.  I'll try to post back when I get more information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards