Not Engaged Yet
Options

Rants and Such

Want to join me in complaining?

Here are my complaints:

I'm tired. I woke up at 5 AM.
I still don't have my luggage. I have no idea when I'll get it. I woke up at 5 AM to wash the dress I wore yesterday.
I don't want to train my replacement today. I don't think I really like her all that much and I don't like being forced to spend an entire day with someone.

But here's the catch of the game....Now you have to tell me some of good things about today:

I get to send time with my family.
I'm on vacation for the next week.
I'm going to meet up with Raven (!!)
I love you gals
A scarf will help my ears stay warm in my first Colorado winter.
I can sleep after work.
I can swim after work (pending I have my luggage).

Oh...and I guess I will post our Thursday WW Meeting today after work...it will be a late one. Unless someone else wants to start it?

Oh...and Oh my goodness- I finished Hunger Games in less then a day! I MUST buy the last two books after work! LOVE BOOKS. Need more recommendations from NEY that are just as awesome.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Rants and Such

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My only negative rant is how lazy I seem to have gotten lately. My workouts have gone from being around 75-90 minutes to being 45-50 minutes (if that), I've eaten out 90% of my meals for the last two weeks, and I don't seem to be motivated to get any REAL work done at work... I just browse wedding sites all day.

Now for the good stuff:
    I love my fiance, I love my family, I love the people I work with, I love my friends... my life is good. 
    I found an AWESOME lead on a part-time job yesterday that is RIGHT up my alley... working on events for an adventure company. Fingers crossed!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Complaints -

I have to go to the doctor tomorrow.
    I didn't get my full half hour on the elliptical this morning because I woke up late.
    I had a milkshake last night Surprised
    Work is simultaneously boring and stressful today.
    I killed my suitcase with mold.

Good things about today -

It is my last work day before VACATION!
    I am getting my nails did after work for the 2 weddings next week.
    I found an ADORABLE and cheap ($60!) grey and lavender suitcase that I will be purchasing this evening.
    I get to pack ( I enjoy this - judge away) all my favorite cute clothes in said suitcase tonight.
    24ish more hours and I will be on my way to spend an amazing week in a place I love with all my friends and family surrounding me.

Really, it isn't even a close contest Smile
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Negative:
    I'm exhausted
    I was lazy last night and didn't straighten my hair - so today is a crazy ponytail that I am not happy with
    I'm irritated about work
    I'm hungry
    My back is killing me - and I have to work all weekend (i've got 2 work parties this weekend)

Positive:
    Work is awesome
    I have BNI party and MS party this weekend
    I'm working on Liv's and Marley's scarfs
    I've got interviews lined up for tomorrow and saturday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Negative Rant? I can't remember if I turned off my curling iron... I don't work close to home and its freaking me out! Hopefully I did turn it off and my apartment wont be burned down when I get home.

ETA: Just looked up my curling iron online and it has an auto shut off! Thank Goodness!

Good Stuffs: I am indeed going to John Legend and Sade tonight with the BF, he even sprung for some good (read $$$) seats :)  Now I need to figure out our dinner plans! Yeay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Complaining:

- I'm tired of reading about steel today, but there is no end in sight
    - My house is a disaster and I have no motivation to really clean it.
    - Having FI's family here is really stressful for me because they don't plan anything and I have limited available time to prepare for their last minute decisions.
    - Molson was moody this morning

Good Stuff:
    - I love my FI
    - We started talking about our HM
    - My sister is coming to visit to look at wedding dresses
    - I have tomorrow off!
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Negative rant:  dealing with aftermath of my brother's arrest.

Positive:  I"m leaving tomorrow for Aruba.  I should probably post an update...
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_rants-such?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2beae891-e565-4535-acba-856b16373d54Post:bd015fec-34a5-42f5-bd08-f03dfa5feec8">Re: Rants and Such</a>:
    [QUOTE]Negative rant:  dealing with aftermath of my brother's arrest. Positive:  I"m leaving tomorrow for Aruba.  <strong>I should probably post an update...
    </strong>Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

Yes you should!
  • Options
    lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My arms are killing me from the pushups and crunches I did yesterday. My shoulders hurt like they haven't hurt since I quit playing softball. Ugh. My body needs to get used to being moved around again.

On the bright side, Nick is working from home today and tomorrow, and that makes me very happy. I love having him home during the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Negative Nancy says:
    I woke up late for work because I didn't set an alarm.
    My parents are being really stupid again and it is upsetting me.
    I didn't sound so good in voice lessons last night, and I might be a mezzo Soprano.
    I didn't get to carpool with my BF.
    Because I woke up late I am tired and having a hard time getting into my job.

Positive Polly says:
    Get to meet up with Lunar!
    Having dinner with friends tomorrow.
    I love BF.
    My job is awesome.
    I live in a beautiful area.
    I have been blessed by many things.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Negative: All of these friggin roads are under construction. One has a detour that goes right past my house on a tiny street, so getting out of my driveway is almost impossible. I also took three detours on my way to work. Positive: I can let out my frustration at kickball tonight. This is also the last time that I will have to go to training after work for two hours. Also, BF has been amazing at being patient with me and keeping my spirits up. I thanked him with a card and Reeses hidden in his bag today :)
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Complaints:
    -My cousin is a twatwaffle. Anytime we ask her for a favor, she always makes sure there's something in it for her- It gets to the point where you regret ever asking her to do anything. I asked her to watch two of our dogs overnight  (7pm-noon) and in return, she wanted a discount off her car repairs. My mom was crushed since she'd do anything for her and couldn't believe that she'd even ask for something in return. She's just like her dad so I believed it. The kicker? After my dad said $50 off if she watched BOTH dogs, my mom called me grandma and my cousin was at her house trying to scam one of the dogs on her.
    FMIL is watching all three for free. She's either a saint or she's crazy. I haven't figured it out.
    - My neck still hurts and I forgot my icy hot patches at home.
    -Walgreen wanted $6.99 for 5 Icy Hot brand patches and $6.99 for THREE of their brand. Aren't you supposed to be the cheaper of the two?!

Happiez:
    - My parents are on their way to pick up my new car AS I TYPE!!
    - FI and I are going to Nashville tomorrow to visit my aunt for the day. I haven't seen her in two years so I'm super psyched.
    - There's not a creepy bug picture on my Cuteness Overload day calendar. I hate when I have to start at bugs or goofy looking goats. They're not that cute, guyz.
    - I saw this bumper sticker driving today. It put a smile on my face.

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Negative: - All the moving stuff is really getting to me. I just want it to be finished already! - I'm ticked because I had a sleep study done in June, with rush orders all over it because of the move, yet it took over a month to get the results and now the doctor can't see me until mid-September, when I'll be living across the country! - BF and I still don't have a place to live when we get out West, which is stressing me. To make matters worse, I got an email from student housing that they had a one bedroom available for us, we just needed to respond within 24 hours. I responded with an emphatic 'yes' not even 2 hours after their original email. Contacted the real estate agent who had been trying to find us a place, and thanked her for her time, and let her know we were settled for Septemer. (she has now left town on business until the end of August, so she was thrilled). A few hours later, I got an email from housing saying they are sorry for the mistake, but in fact there is no unit available. FML Positive: - over half of our clients at work have taken the next 2 days off, so our ratio of clients to staff is 4:3 (I work with young adults with intellectual disabilities) - I had a good workout yesterday and today - I'm having a decent hair day (I recently got a few inches cut off, so I'm still getting used to styling it) - I have the nicest bosses and co-workers ever, who had a BBQ last night as a farewell party for me :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Negative
    -I am extremely stressed out for this coming semester. 60 hours a week of clinical and class, and that does not include working. My administration really doesn't know how to space shiit out.

Positive
    -I am going to the join the gym today :)
    5/27/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Negative:
    work was slow
    my mom decided her time is more vaiuable rescuing cats and dogs than going with me to visit my grandma
    it's raining so no swimming
    I'm tired

Pros-
    I had cake today at work
    I have time to be on the ellpitical
    time to get some reading done
    got my eletric bill today and it's normally so high in the summer b/c of the AC & it was surprisingly low.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards