Michigan-Lansing

Hello Lansing!!!

Let's see if we can get some discussion going and liven up this board.

What is everyone up to for the rest of this week and this weekend? (both WR and NWR are fine)

WR- This week my DD and I are working with her uncle on the STDs and are going cake tasting this weeked.

NWR- Working for the rest of the week and then tailgating before the MSU game on Saturday.  GO STATE!!!

Hope everyone has a good week.

Re: Hello Lansing!!!

• edited December 2011
    WR: We are meeting with our florist again - we met with her almost 6 months ago when we signed our original contract but I have a few more ideas and also just received my grandpa's rosary which I am using as my something borrowed and want to incorporate that into my bouquet to keep him close to me on my special day since we lost him in 2006.

NWR: I have school tomorrow with 2 exams (I'm taking a break from studying to be on the wonderful knot!) then Friday is work! :) Yeah for weekends - and I agree GO STATE!!! 

Hope everyone has a great end to their week!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, we need more discussion!

I just got samples of invitations back from my designer, so I'm hoping to finalize our invitation design this weekend.  I also want to check out a few stores to see what their prices are for votive candles, large candle holders and other decor items.  We're having a second reception in Florida, which will be more DIY than our wedding and reception in Lansing, so I've been trying to look around for ideas.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR:
    - I finished attaching the invitations and invitations mats to the pocketfolds.  Now I just need to print (and finish designing!) the rest of my inserts
    - Was at the Kellogg Center and checked out the various levels of rooms available.  I was actually quite impressed!
    - Make a "Mrs. Newlastname" hoodie for my best friend

NWR:
    - tailgating and State game on Saturday
    - Detroit knottie GTG on Sunday

ETA:  Congrats on the 7 month mark Kari!
  • michgreenemichgreene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR:
    -Signing our photographer contract and getting that sent in... woohoo!

NWR:
    - tailgating on Saturday! Another woohoo!
  • dfritz27dfritz27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This will be a very busy WR weekend for us!  We both live out of state but are coming in this weekend for our engagement photo shoot.  We're also meeting with a few DJs, florists, and bakeries.  Oh, and we're doing our taste testing to finalize our menu.  And I'm going to order my dress, finally!

NWR: go blue :)
  • edited December 2011
    WR:  Addressing save the date envelopes and stamping!  Wrapping up invitation design.

NWR:  Speaking at a conference and preparing mentally for the start of my sports season on Monday!  While I'm at all that - I'll be rooting for my high school soccer team (playing for a state title tomorrow) and rooting GREEN!  Go State!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    222 Invited image
    173 Ready to Party image
    49 Missing Out image
    0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: May 20, 2011
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_hello-lansing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:347c81c5-ea87-4613-a5ba-6eaf13ca4dadPost:b4cdf681-c954-4d84-a175-9c94e0b8aa33">Re: Hello Lansing!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This will be a very busy WR weekend for us!  We both live out of state but are coming in this weekend for our engagement photo shoot.  We're also meeting with a few DJs, florists, and bakeries.  Oh, and we're doing our taste testing to finalize our menu.  And I'm going to order my dress, finally! NWR: go blue :)
    Posted by dfritz27[/QUOTE]
    Dfritz - I'll ignore the go blue comment for now...  Where in the MPLS area do you live?  I grew up there and my parents are still in MN.
  • dfritz27dfritz27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry emarston, just saw this now!

My FI actually created our account and he lives in St. Anthony right now, he's attending the Masters Institute in St. Paul, are you familiar with it?

I'm from Lansing originally, hence the Lansing wedding, & currently live in NY.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards