Flowers
Options

Centerpiece Help

Hello everyone, I wanted a little advice as to which centerpiece you of these two like better and why? I have a friend who is getting married soon who made her own centerpieces to save some money, they are 3 arrangements for each table of white silk roses. She is offering to sell them to me for a really good deal after her wedding, and my wedding is a destination wedding so we wont have any of the same guests to see them again. They are very pretty, but I didnt really like the idea of having silk flowers. However she bought really high quality silks that even smell like roses! My parents are driving to the wedding, so transportation isnt a huge issue either. The other option that I was planning on doing until she offered this was renting these really pretty crystal candleabra's (sp?) from my venue that are $100 each per table. Still reasonable but they other option would be much cheaper Im sure. For reference Im planning on having light pink linens and scattered hot pink and white rose petals and diamond confetti. I will post pictures of both, please let me know what you think? My wedding is not for a while still, but my friend's wedding is soon so I would like to let her know if she needs to look elsewhere to sell them. Thanks for your help!

Photos:

Option 1: On friend's dining room table though
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz117/drcinderella/Centerpiece0.jpg

Option 2: On table in actual wedding venue
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz117/drcinderella/Centerpiece1.jpg

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz117/drcinderella/Centerpiece7.jpg

Re: Centerpiece Help

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look lovely.  I am not a fan of silk flowers, so I wouldn't get them.  If you really don't want silk, don't buy them.  You might not be happy about that.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both options are pretty, but the white roses are less expensive than renting candelabra, and being silk they will be much more practical for transporting to a destination wedding. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

Could you do both?  Have the roses on half the tables to save some on cost, and have the candelabras on half the tables to have the feel you want. I think they both are really pretty and the combination could give the venue a totally different look than either on their own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    VRLVRL
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that both would tie in very nicely!

If both aren't an option, budget-wise, I really think you can't go wrong with the silk roses. Often I'm not a fan of fake flowers, but those look lovely.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the option of doing both.  But I am a huge fan of having two different looks for the guest tables.  I did high and low floral centerpieces, every other table. I think having both the candles and the flowers would create a great flow for the room and make the look of the reception more interesting.
    Photobucket OMG...I'm MARRIED! :)
  • Options
    torriebethtorriebeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really love option number ONE. It's simple and still elegant. Plus, if there are many children, you wouldn't have to worry about them burning themselves!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards