New York-Hudson Valley

Two Q's!

Hello!!!! Happy Tuesday! I was just wondering two things. I want to make my mom my MOH, if I have a wedding. She is my hero, and I really look up to her. Has anyone else done something like this?

Also, Has anyone had a small wedding at a restaurant? I was hoping a restaurant could be less expensive than having a wedding that might cost $10,000+. My Aunt had gotten married at one by Newburgh, NY, it was nice, but they crammed all of her guest into one section of the restaurant. There wasn't enough seating at first. They eventually made it all work, and it only cost her about $2000, for the whole event. Are there any suggestions to a nice place, somewhere else, and the possibility of closing the restaurant to the public?

Thanks so much, I can't wait for your opinions/suggestions!
December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket

Re: Two Q's!

• edited December 2011

yeah, I am same as you, I am going to marry at the end of 2011, my MOH gives me many advice for saving money.

• edited December 2011

Congrats on your upcomming wedding.
    This is YOUR wedding so if you want your mom to be your MOH go for it.I dont see anything wrong with it at all.If she is your best friend there is no reason why she shouldnt be standing with you on your big day.

as for having your reception at a restaurant i am sure this has been done plenty of times and is def doable.I would look into a few different places and discuss with them exactally what you are looking for to make sure they can accomodate the amount of people you would like to have.Good luck & Happy planning.

• edited December 2011
    My hubby had his Father as his Best Man and his father was definintely touched that he chose him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards