Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Clean up crew

Does anyone know of a company (or person) that does clean-up for receptions?  Basically all I need is someone to pack my centerpieces, some wine glasses and make sure we haven't forgotten anything.  The venue's coordinator will be there as well, but we have to take whatever we bring (which is only what I listed above).   I'm sure there's a company that does this - just not sure where to look.  (I don't want any family/friends to have to worry about this stuff...just want them to enjoy the reception and have a good time.)  Thanks!

Re: Clean up crew

• edited December 2011
    I hired a Day Of Coordinator to do the setup and teardown -- she handled the things you listed and did a great job. There's a list of who girls here have used here: http://dfwbrides.weebly.com/coordinator.html
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I *think* that's usually part of a DOC duties plus they would set up too! :)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • JLH41AJLH41A member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses.  It appears to me (from looking at the websites) the DOC usually just "oversees" or "coordinates" the clean up.  I actually need the labor to do it - I was thinking of a staffing service or something, but not sure.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_clean-up-crew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7e80ffd4-141d-4f7a-987a-887622ee4a0aPost:e356d5a0-5d18-45b2-b560-7961c71fb016">Re: Clean up crew</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the responses.  It appears to me (from looking at the websites) the DOC usually just "oversees" or "coordinates" the clean up.  I actually need the labor to do it - I was thinking of a staffing service or something, but not sure.
    Posted by JLH41A[/QUOTE]

<div>Not the venue DOC. A DOC that you hire to coordinate your Day of (set up tear down etc) and if he or she doesn't do it, then I guess they bring in their own people? I would just ask them up front if they do that.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_clean-up-crew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7e80ffd4-141d-4f7a-987a-887622ee4a0aPost:5a71adbd-689a-48df-bf39-d59425f66b2a">Re: Clean up crew</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clean up crew : Not the venue DOC. A DOC that you hire to coordinate your Day of (set up tear down etc) and if he or she doesn't do it, then I guess they bring in their own people? I would just ask them up front if they do that.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes.  This is one of the main things you hire a DOC for.  Firstly to make sure things go smoothly and you never know of any issues, and secondly to make sure your family and friends are not staying behind and cleaning up after everyone.</div>
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_clean-up-crew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7e80ffd4-141d-4f7a-987a-887622ee4a0aPost:e356d5a0-5d18-45b2-b560-7961c71fb016">Re: Clean up crew</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the responses.  It appears to me (from looking at the websites) the DOC usually just "oversees" or "coordinates" the clean up.  I actually need the labor to do it - I was thinking of a staffing service or something, but not sure.
    Posted by JLH41A[/QUOTE]

My DOC did the labor. I don't know what her website said, but when I booked her, I told her I needed someone to do all the cleanup afterwards, and she said she'd take care of that.

I think they state that they oversee/coordinate because that's fancier than saying they pick up and sweep up after your event. And, because if you had other outside vendors bringing stuff in and having to take it out, they will supervise that. (My DOC made sure the catering staff that came in with the reception food cleaned up after themselves).
  • Veronica124Veronica124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had a coordinator at her wedding to do this stuff for her. I can get her info. I don't think she charged much but than she didn't like sharing how much she spent.
  • JLH41AJLH41A member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everybody.  I've found someone who will provide what I need.
  • This may be a little late for your event, but for future reference or to pass along to a friend, we used; DFW Event Cleanup. They did an excellent job.

http://dfweventcleanup.com/index.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards