New York-Hudson Valley
Options

List of venues in the area?

I was wondering if any of you ladies know of a book or catalog that has a list of wedding venues in the Hudson Valley Region? And I don't know if this is just wishful thinking, but maybe something with a chart listing their average range of cost per person, and amenities each venue offers? I guess I'm just wondering if there's anything more concise than having to go to the website of each venue to find out all their info.

Thanks for any help!

Re: List of venues in the area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is. You can find it at Barnes and Noble or sometimes the grocery store. It's a magazine and it is dedicated to the NY metropolitan area. I forget the name of it though.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Sites and Services is the magazine. Each venue listed below has a page in the magazine. But the website is a cool comparison chart.

http://www.weddingsitesandservices.com/FacilityList.cfm/RegionID/26

Also try www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com Select find  a vendor and select venues.

Good luck!

Where / what are you looking for?
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    On the local vendors section on theknot they also list all of the sites in the hudson valley.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's the magazine Terri!

It was really helpful to me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, I'll check out all your suggestions!

TerriandJoe, we've been engaged less than a week, so we haven't really started discussing much yet, I'm just trying to get some info together. We just know that we'd like to get married outdoors (and possibly have the reception outdoors), and are leaning towards the Hudson Valley area. In the past FI has mentioned he thought it might be cool to get married on a bluff. That's as far as we've gotten for now Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristin is right - I forgot about the knot's list:

http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Hudson-Valley-Wedding-Venues/Profiles/CAR/074

And it was the only one my venue was listed on! lol! I just remembered the others right off the bat because they were what I looked in the initial stages of planning.

But definiterly check the knots list, it has so many of the sites. In addition to Hudson Valey weddings and sites and services.

Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And have fun looking for the right venue, but before you get so into it, figure out how important that outside reception is.

Lots of places will be able to accommodate an outdoor ceremony.

But an outside reception is a whole other thing, and will limit the possible places.

Still, have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TerriandJoe,
    Yeah I'll definitely keep an open mind on the outdoor reception. I wouldn't want to eliminate a potentially great venue right off the bat just because we couldn't have an outdoor reception. I know some places that don't have outdoor receptions, but will do the cocktail hour outdoors either on their grounds or on a terrace or patio, which I think would be lovely.

Thanks for all the help ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards