New York-Long Island
Options

The Inn at New Hyde Park

Wish I could pick it up and move it out east :(
It is by far everything I am looking for in a venue minus the location.

Has anyone gone there?
Has someone found a place just like it elsewhere?

Re: The Inn at New Hyde Park

• Options
    dbkb2012dbkb2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chateau at Coindre Hall? It's about a half hour further east, not sure how far east you want to be?  (December 2012 quoted at $110 a plate).
    East Wind, Giorgio's at Fox Hill, Sole East, those come to mind that are east east. Based on the website for The Inn at New Hyde Park, I'm assumning you wouldn't like Watermill due to it's location on 347, either but they also quoted us a nice price.

Chateau at Coindre Hall's link is below.
    http://lessings.com/location_information.aspx?uniid=3
  • Options
    ShellbgoodShellbgood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the ideas!'

We are going to see Watermill and Eastwind in the next couple of weeks.  I hear Eastwind is gorgeous.

I went on the Chateau's website and it looks nice.  Do you know if they do everything in house or if I would need to bring in catering, etc.?
  • Options
    dbkb2012dbkb2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about the Chateau, FI didn't want to go that far "west". ;) He's very picky, wanted Central Suffolk. We actually booked Meadowedge at West Sayville Country Club this past weekend.
    We did visit Watermill, we liked them (and the chapel is lovely), but we needed a 100% gluten free and mushroom free wedding and they weren't 100% on board. Eastwind is really nice, we have plenty of friends who got married there, and FSIL's best friend is getting married there this friday.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Let me know how the wedding on Friday is.  I would love to know more about the place before we visit.

Watermill seems like it's going to be a front runner for us.

Good Luck with your wedding!!

• Options
    dbkb2012dbkb2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, good luck with yours!

The bride, groom, and their bridal party absolutely loved the weddng last night! The weather made it even better for them, and the fact that they were able to stay onsite was a plus for them. :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Went to the Watermill yesterday.  Not our taste at all.  The reception area is in a basement with no outside access. 

Can't wait to see Eastwind next weekend!
  • Options
    9flowers9flowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at the Inn at New Hyde Park very recently for a wedding.  I hate to say this, but the food wasn't really good.  Yes, the place is beautiful, but I'm sure you can find something with better food for the same price.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards