Pre-wedding Parties

Need Alternative Bachlorette Party Ideas

I need alterative suggestions for my bachelorette party because I cannot drink.  So, the standard bar hopping will not suffice.  It's really been bumming me out because I can't think of anything that will make sure everyone will have a good time.

Re: Need Alternative Bachlorette Party Ideas

• ekelly83ekelly83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dinner then bowling?
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a ton of things you can do other than bar hopping..

~Poll Dancing Classes
    ~Go to dinner (my favorites are a fondue place or do Hibachi.. more interactive and fun and the food is really good!)
    ~Go to a concert
    ~Weekend trip with the girls whether it be Vegas, Miami, or just renting a cabin somewhere.
    ~Sports game

Your ticker says you still have a year and four months to go, so I wouldn't be really worrying about this just yet. Besides, your bacherlorette party is planned for you as a gift. If the host(s) ask for your input go ahead and give it to them, but you can't plan your own bachelorette party.
  • edited December 2011
    What do you like to do for fun? Have a spa day. Go to an arcade type place. Go to a fun place for dinner. What about a pottery class or cooking class. You can still rent a limo, go to dinner and out dancing without drinking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • eev028eev028 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to a comedy club. Thats what my girls and I are doing. It gives everyone a chance to laugh and have a good time without feeling obligated to drink. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    spa day!!! why cant you drink?
  • tiffmarie84tiffmarie84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  I do have a long time to go and I was looking for suggestions for my MOH.  I am doing everything earlier because I am planning my wedding in my home state of michigan 800 miles away and it's really hard to go back and forth.

I can't drink because of medication I'm on for high blood pressure.  I haven't had any alcohol in about 2 years.
  • edited December 2011
    We went out to dinner and then had a slumber party with board games, chick flicks, snacks, etc. at a hotel suite for my sister's.
  • jenjenaxojenjenaxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a scavenger hunt that's been assembled by a friend of one of my bridesmaids.  Granted, we're getting a party bus and will be drinking, but there's no reason that alcohol would have to be a requirement.  Just a thought. :)
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old fashioned slumber party, complete with chick flicks.

Dave and Busters or similar place.

Sporting event.

Concert.

Beach Party.

Class in something:  pottery, sewing, make-up application, dance class, art class, gardening, knitting,

Medieval Times

Museum

rock climbing or hiking or bike ride

Bowling,  Wii competition, mini golf followed by dinner

spa

nice dinner followed by comedy club

Stop thinking "B-party" and think "Fun outing for me and my friends."

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards