North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Cleaning Service

this is probably a bit of a random request, but does anyone know of/used/recommend a Cleaning Service down there?  Our wedding is Friday, we leave Saturday, but my parents and some family will be in the house until Sunday.  I don't want to be spending my last few hours cleaning, or have that on my family after we take off, so I was hoping to hire a cleaning service to come into the house and give it a thurough clean, since the Reception will be held there.

Any thoughts?  I hate to blindly trust these places- I just tried a service for our apt and they were a waste of money!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cleaning Service

• Options
    hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Does the company that you are renting the house through have a service?  We paid extra for the cleaning service through the realty company and it worked out well. I'd check into that.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think of that, thanks!  I'll look into it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is your house?
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Corolla- actually right across from the Harris Teeter up there  (Twiddy Home: Carolina Bliss)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Toni....I know the judge that owns Carolina Bliss, lol

• Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you do?!  TOO FUNNY!    when we visited in April, we went to go see it and I have to say I was pretty horrified...I will cry if it looks like that when we arrive in a month. The realtor said she was really embarassed at how messy it was too (trash all over the yard, screen doors hanging off the hinges) and she said she thought it had been the owners that were there for a week to "open it for season".  Lol are they the party type?  Can I assume and hope as I was, that they & Twiddy are diligent enough to have it as clean as the pictures when I arrive?
    (man I fogot about that whole thing until now!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

tcigal, my son's GF might be interested.  She knows all of the Twiddy properties as she has worked for them in the past.  Do you want me to ask her if she is interested?

Wow, I am surprised that the judge's house was askew; however, I am not surprised that Twiddy was unaware.  Perhaps he was doing some work on it.  Crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards