North Carolina-Outer Banks

who knows the obx well??

Are there any venues other then 108 budleigh and jennette's pier that let you bring outside caterers and most important your own liquor??

Re: who knows the obx well??

• katielynn783katielynn783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pirate's Cove Pavillion and Events at 921 (not 100% sure about Events at 921 re: alcohol) do as well.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You could also try the Nags Head Aquarium and The Village Beach Club

• edited December 2011
    I am on a budget of 10,000.00 dollars and we are inviting 125 people. The rental fees are high but I can save in food (we are just doing heavy hors d'oeuvres) and by bringing our own liquor. Which venue do you think is the best?
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The chief from Red Sky, Wes recommended we check out Events at 921.  He said they are a new venue and trying to break into the wedding scene so will make very good deals.  I am not sure how much they may be, but it sounds like they are willing to work with you. 

108 Budleigh is only 2000 to rent on a Mon-Thus or 2500 on Fri/Sun.  You could save some $ by going on any day but Sat.  I ended up booking a Thursday because it worked for what I wanted and ended up saving some $$ at the same time.  If off week is an option, try asking all venues you are considering as well as photographers and djs if they would consider a discount.  It never hurts to ask. 

Good luck!  I think you can def. do something great with 10,000!
  • edited December 2011
    The Cypress House Inn is nice.  We were going to use this, but decided on 108 Budleigh instead.  For the Cypress House Inn, their event rental fee ranges from $600-$1000, depending upon how many guests you have.  They are at MP 8 in Kill Devil Hills.  They allow you to bring your own alcohol.  There are two other expenses with this place.  You have to rent out their six rooms for a 3 night minimum, but you can let your guests rent the rooms.  They are pretty reasonable, considering the place is 125FT from a public beach access.  The only place you can have your reception here though is outside their inn on the lawn.  Its pretty but we found that with having to rent a tent, tables, chairs, etc, 108 Budleigh was actually more affordable for us.

Another good place to check is Pelican's Landing in Corolla.  They rent their event home  for about $3000 in the spring and fall.  The rental includes tables and chairs, rental of the 5 or 6 br house for one week, china, silverware.  They also have tons of decorations for beach ceremonies that you can use.  I think its all leftovers from other people's weddings, but I wouldn't care about that on a small budget ;)  I think the only other fee is a tent rental if you have over a certain number of people. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards