Snarky Brides
Options

It's Only Tuesday

Ugh! I slept like the dead last night and did NOT want to get up.

Tonight is Atticus' last intermediate class, so hope he graduates tonight! H said if I want to do advance classes with him I can, but he wont go. Maybe in Spring. We'll see, he does really well already, he's a good boy.

How is your day?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's Only Tuesday

• Options
    Dang people confusing me with multiple morning threads!   ;)

Morning!

My gut hurts for no good reason.  This sucks.  I feel like i went on a greasy food bender last night but I totally didn't.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I didn't drink too much liquid last night either and still had to visit the bathroom like 5 times between 10pm and 7am.  I might be broken.

School day for me today.  Hopefully I can get dinner in the marinade before I go.  I've never done tandoori chicken at home before.
  • Options
    Good morning.

Slept all the way till 3am.  Wohoo?  I guess that beats my Monday morning wakeup at 12:20am.

Stupid woman driving up my butt this morning.  Speed limit downtown is 25 mph, loser.  GET OFF MY TAIL.  I hope I ruined her day with the brake check and big fat middle finger.  Twice.  I'm not in the mood, b!!tch.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry Anna. I knew as soon as I started one, there'd be two to keep track of. Oh well!

Tailgaters hate me. I slow down to about ten when they can't pass me, crank up the tunes and smile sweetly when they finally can go around me.

I'm thinking leftovers for supper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was hoping that she would pass me in a huff and meet the motorcycle officer who routinely sits on the corner a block from my office.  Sadly, he wasn't there today to pull her stupid ass over and give her a speeding ticket.
  • Options
    Sorry you have rot gut Anna.

Sorry you have insomnia Les, is this something that just started happening or have you always had it?
  • Options
    kd - No.  I have always had a legendary ability to sleep anytime, anywhere.  This insomnia thing is new, and is killing me.  I can fall asleep, but not stay asleep.  1, 2, 3 o'clock and I'm up, with no going back to sleep.  The only saving grace is that DH is often up at the same time. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:32c4779b-90f4-49a7-bed3-fba4881d4ae7Post:6dc76802-a87b-4b62-9b6d-0dc299a04eb4">Re: It's Only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]kd - No.  I have always had a legendary ability to sleep anytime, anywhere.  This insomnia thing is new, and is killing me.  I can fall asleep, but not stay asleep.  1, 2, 3 o'clock and I'm up, with no going back to sleep.  The only saving grace is that DH is often up at the same time. 
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Well I hate to say it, but I think it has more to do with our "age" thing of which we shall not speak of. Have you tried looking into the Estroven I suggested? It seems to be my saving grace anymore. And if this isnt normal and that doesnt work, maybe you need to talk to your gyno?

Koda- Atticus is the only one in his class, so it's highly likely! :)
  • Options
    Feel better, Anna.

jcb - if DH isn't up to help me get back to sleep, I usually pray and try to visualize something relaxing, like lying in a hammock or resting somewhere comfortable.  Sometimes it works, or sometimes I get up and read. 

kd - Yes, my GYN thinks it's related to pre-menopause, and he doesn't have any ideas to help (he just shrugs when he says preM can last 2-3 years.  YEARS).  I have upped my vitamin D on your suggestion, and I think it's helping, along with the melatonin.  Sunday nights are always bad for both me and DH for some reason; the rest of the week usually goes a little better. 
  • Options
    Morning. I'm such a nerd, but it was so nice to get to play a video game last night before bed. I've been catching up for so long now, being able to do something for myself was divine! DH was a darling and did a lot of the chores last night, so I may get to relax a bit tonight as well!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:32c4779b-90f4-49a7-bed3-fba4881d4ae7Post:442f3bd0-0026-47e8-a17d-3713e4b5f95e">Re: It's Only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Feel better, Anna. jcb - if DH isn't up to help me get back to sleep, I usually pray and try to visualize something relaxing, like lying in a hammock or resting somewhere comfortable.  Sometimes it works, or sometimes I get up and read.  kd - Yes, my GYN thinks it's related to pre-menopause, and he doesn't have any ideas to help (he just shrugs when he says preM can last 2-3 years.  YEARS).  I have upped my vitamin D on your suggestion, and I think it's helping, along with the melatonin.  Sunday nights are always bad for both me and DH for some reason; the rest of the week usually goes a little better. 

They make a Estroven specifically for sleep as well, I take the "mood" one. My H's suggestion! Just kidding, I actually was tired of being irritable. And my hot flashes were driving me crazy.
  • Options
    I don't have hot flashes, but the moods are a problem.  Either I just don't care about anything, or I'm raging.  The clotting and cramps aren't fun either.  I was never, ever PMS-y, but I'm sure making up for it now.   
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:32c4779b-90f4-49a7-bed3-fba4881d4ae7Post:5aa925cd-653c-4ca3-9d45-776986e41801">Re: It's Only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have hot flashes, but the moods are a problem.  Either I just don't care about anything, or I'm raging.  <strong>The clotting and cramps aren't fun either.</strong>  I was never, ever PMS-y, but I'm sure making up for it now.   

Ugh! This is why I had the Novasure procedure done.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I'm going to ask my GYN about this.  It's getting worse - clots as big as my thumb aren't normal, and I'm tired of it.  And I'm (obviously) done having children.
  • Options
    I'm sure this doensn't apply to you Les- but I have PCOS- which causes the extreme moods/ sleeplessness/ or over sleepy ness and obnoxious clotting and cramping. Just a thought-
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:32c4779b-90f4-49a7-bed3-fba4881d4ae7Post:0bab5bab-f155-4412-a255-d25627235a76">Re: It's Only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]This may be TMI so fair warning. Les, it's been great!  I haven't bought tampons in over 18 months.  I finally had enough when I started spotting during ovulation.  Eff that noise.  The procedure was painless and the healing after while was kind of a PIA, overall, was 1000% worth it.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I agree, I havent had a period since last year. I went in was put out, was having breakfast within a few hours.

I got to the point I was changing my pad every 1/2hour, no tampns here(cant stand them since I had my son). I had ruined more than one pair of pants. My gyno was awesome.

Sorry ladies! Look what you have to look forward too! :)
  • Options
    Hello all.  Man, sounds like a rough start for many today.

I just booked my flight for Denver.  That was way more stressful than it needed to be.

I'm ready to go home already and it's only lunchtime.  Blah.  

Actually, I'm ready for the last weekend in October.  H booked a fabulous hotel out of town for our anniversary and I'm taking that Friday off.  Cannot freaking wait.  I need a break like whoa.  

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:32c4779b-90f4-49a7-bed3-fba4881d4ae7Post:1e89d1fd-3f10-461e-8f13-940c789d04cb">Re: It's Only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello all.  Man, sounds like a rough start for many today. I just booked my flight for Denver.  That was way more stressful than it needed to be. I'm ready to go home already and it's only lunchtime.  Blah.   Actually, I'm ready for the last weekend in October.  <strong>H booked a fabulous hotel out of town for our anniversary and I'm taking that Friday off.  Cannot freaking wait.  I need a break like whoa.  
    </strong>Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Thats sounds great, where you going?

I need a vacation.
  • Options
    We're just going to Orlando for the weekend.  I'm too swamped at work to take more than a day off, especially when I'll be out for a week for the conference. So, we're heading down there Friday morning for the weekend.  Shopping, theme parks, relaxation... can't wait.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:32c4779b-90f4-49a7-bed3-fba4881d4ae7Post:0b2e1af0-36f8-4a37-a793-af9da6e5a5c9">Re: It's Only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're just going to Orlando for the weekend.  I'm too swamped at work to take more than a day off, especially when I'll be out for a week for the conference. So, we're heading down there Friday morning for the weekend.  Shopping, theme parks, relaxation... can't wait.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Nice! I hope to take a long weekend before the end of the year, but I dont think thats going to happen.
  • Options
    Sounds fun, Shay!  Enjoy your long weekend.
  • Options
    Hey all,

Got back from Nashville late last night - it was a great trip but my arse is dragging today. 

Have a great time Shay! 

Dancer, got your PM but can't reply.  That place must have come in way after I left town. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards