2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Day - TNL112809

• edited December 2011
    1. First Name & Fiance's First Name: Tamika & Kristopher

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age: 8/4, 29; 4/21, 31

3. City Born In? Houston

4. City Live in? Houston

5. Where did you go to college? Texas Womans University-Denton, Tx

6. What was your major? Nursing

7. What is your current job? Registered Nurse

8. What is your dream job? To own and work as a Nurse Practitioner in my Family Practice clinic in the inner city.

9. How did you and your fiance meet? We met while I was in Atlanta working a contract on blackpeoplemeet.com (his family doesnt know that but my mom does). I only signed up because a friend asked me too because she was going to do it and Im so glad I did, Kris emailed me within a couple of weeks of me being on the site. The whole story is long but I'll condense it. Kris kept sending me lil flirts thru the site and I viewed his profile and it said he lived NC so I never responded back, finally after a couple of weeks of flirts I sent him a message saying Im only in ATL for a few months and you are in NC so this would not work, and he responded back by saying I travel to ATL every other week for business so this could work, so we met and here we are almost 4 years later.Kris moved to Houston almost 2 years ago and we are living happily ever after :)

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? We got engaged 11.28.09. I was convinced Kris could not do it without me knowing. So throughout the year I would get my nails done and get my hair fixed every time we would go out but he would never do it. So for Thanksgiving we flew to NC to be with his family and I was convinced he was going to propose on Thanksgiving day, well he didn't and I was a bit disappointed, we went to his high school playoff game the next night and I thought this is a perfect opportunity he is going to propose now well he didn't,so I was not a happy camper well then he tells me we are going to a nice restaurant for dinner the next day and I ask was his mom coming and he said No so I was convinced this is when he was going to do it. Well when we were getting dressed for the dinner he asked me to let his mom use my camera to take pictures of people at the church for the directory, immediately I became sad because I knew he wasn't going to propose without it being documented. So I was quiet the whole ride to the restaurant we got there and I was still pretty quiet, I'd text my mom saying "Well its not happening this trip so maybe Christmas" she responded "Sorry". Dinner was great and I thought we were waiting on the dessert menu when the waiter brought a plate with 2 mini round cheesecakes with red hearts drawn on top I still didnt think anything of it, when I turned around Kris was on 1 knee asking me to marry him, I just kept asking "Are you serious" and looking around the resturant and everyone was staring back at me when he said "Dead serious" I said yes of course and the ring was beautiful it was nothing that we looked at before he picked it all on his own. The ring was sitting in a ring holder made from sugar on the plate with a mini wine glass sitting on top of it. I never even noticed until Kris knocked it over trying to get the ring. It was perfect my mom and all my friends knew for months and his mom had brought the camera up to the restuarant before we got there so it was documented.

11. When is the Wedding Day? March 19, 2011

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? The Westlake Club in Houston, Tx

13. What are your wedding colors? Aqua/Carolina Blue & Chocolate with Pink flowers

14. Where are you honeymooning? Unknown we are thinking Aruba, Tahiti, Turks & Caicos or Australia

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? Photographer his work is amazing and he is an amazing person. www.rhphotoarts.com

16. Biggest wedding splurge? Photographer. Way more than I thought I would ever spend on one vendor but it will be totally worth it.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? String Quartet

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? Everyone. Everyone has worked so hard on their wedding I would love to see everyone's hard work put all together.

19. Favorite book? The Love Dare, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. I don't read for pleasure anymore because of school.

20. Favorite movie? The Notebook.

21. Favorite tv show? Right now: Rich Bride, Poor Bride, My First Place, Desparate Housewives, Four Weddings

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? Pnina Tornai from Say Yes to the Dress

23. Any advice you can give? Make the wedding about the two of you, don't spend every moment planning the wedding, plan the marriage as well. Make time to have date night without wedding talk, they aren't into the wedding like we are and want to talk about it everyday and every minute.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? I would not change anything about my wedding but I wish I had an unlimited budget.

25. Share something about yourself!! I am currently finishing up the Nurse Practitioner program. I will be done in Aug this year and I cant wait to have my life back. I am a only child and I never thought my mom would like any guy I dated but when she said she liked Kris I knew I had to marry him lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Awwww, your proposal story is so sweet!! And NC guys are the best (but I'm biased). Good luck with everything! Laughing
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Love your advice - it is on point.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great proposal story. I love how close you and your mom seem to be. Good luck with the rest of your wedding plans!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Nice getting to know you.  Love your engagement story!

If you had an unlimited budget, describe your dream wedding.

If you could talk to anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
  • edited December 2011
    missrekaeagle you are right NC guys are the best

eagles347 my mom and I are very close, she is my best friend

@berrytr If I had an unlimited budget I would still only have 100-125 guests, fly all of Kris family from NC to attend the wedding, I would have it at the most gorgeous venue in Houston that looked over the city, with draping, uplighting, the best food that money could buy that people would eat that is, flowers everywhere but not over done, we would have the string quartet that Kris loves, and I would have my dream Pnina Tornai wedding gown :)
  • edited December 2011
    Whats your biggest pet peeve ? WR & NWR

Fav moment with fi (besides that great engagement) ?

Celebrity that you would love to sock in the right eye and why ?
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Whats your biggest pet peeve ? WR & NWR
    WR: People inviting themselves to the wedding or having an opinion and they arent paying a dime
    NWR: When people try to tell me how to do my job, if you want to be a nurse then go be one but dont tell me how to do my job...okay that is all...whew I needed to say that!

Fav moment with fi (besides that great engagement) ?
    I have so many fav moments with him but if I had to pick one, its when we go to theme parks and we get to be big kids together and the pictures we get from the rides are priceless

Celebrity that you would love to sock in the right eye and why ?
    Beyonce..I know everyone loves her but she was here in one of our local parks during a public event and some kids asked her for her autograph and she said No I could have busted her in both eyes. The others members of Destiny Child gave their autographs by the way they didnt feel like they were too good. I wanted to say we made you who you are today.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-day-tnl112809?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b6667393-8e81-451e-9003-540ecdd4368bPost:3476d2f4-a433-4ece-a2a9-6491c63bbe9f">Re: Knottie of the Day - TNL112809</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awwww, your proposal story is so sweet!! And NC guys are the best (but I'm biased). Good luck with everything!
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]
    LOL!! I agree! But I am bias also!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
     Tamika it was so nice reading more about you! I also love Pnina Tornai!  Oh yes, it is something about those NC boys! LOL!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice learning more about you.

It is TERRIBLE when we know the engagement is coming and it just wont happen...I was supposed to be proposed to on our 9 year anniversay on 12/19/08 but it didnt happen until 2/14/09...do you realize how many MORE opportunities there were???

LOL!!!

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    @Tyswife2be: I thought I was going to go crazy, but in hindsight Im glad I didnt know, it just made that day even more special

Thanks to everyone who has read about me, I apologize for not being more active in posting but with school and work by the time I get on here its late so I just decide not to post. I will be more active after next month as I will be finished with my 70 page paper...whooo hooooo
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    70 Page Paper?

What is it for?

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Tyswife2be its sort of like the final exam for my Nurse Practitioner program. Not a thesis but very similar to it.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations - it was so nice reading your love story and glad to know that I have a fellow member of the Only Child Club (OCC) in the house.   Happy planning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards