New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Need your input / feedback re: Event Planner....

Hey Ladies --
Has anyone used or is using Lauren Paige Assoc. as their Event Planner? I'm drawing a blank on who recco'd her? I'd like to find out what your experience is / was thus far?

Also what were your main concerns and why did you reach out to an event planner?  I'm such a control freak but I don't want to be stressed out on my wedding day.

I'm the "go to" person every day at my job and for one day I'd like to hand over the controls......if I can - eeeeeeek?

Thanks for your help -
Lee
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need your input / feedback re: Event Planner....

• Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lauren.  She is great!  I am using her for full planning.  She is extremely organized and on top of things.  Because of her I have allot less worries.  All of  the vendors she has recommended to me were good and it is nice to have a go between and not have to negotiate with vendors myself.  I am in charge of the planning and she has in no way taken over.  She guides me and takes care of details I don't even think of.  I'm sure if I wanted to I could just hand all of the planning to her.
    I hired a planner for many reasons.  I live in Florida and my wedding is in NY so I needed someone up there. My mom and sister have both passed away and I really don't have anyone else to help me plan.  I didn't want to spend umpteen hours going through vendors to find just the right one and hope they would do a good job.  She knows who the good vendors are and who is in my price range and she has a good relationship with them and can save me money or get extras for me that I probably wouldn't be able to get on my own.  I didn't want to deal with the details of contracts and she looks them all over for me to make sure they are okay.  I don't really have a talent for decorating and I needed someone with some vision.  I don't deal well with pressure and a planner relives some of that.  The best thing I did was to hire her.
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there - Thanks so much for getting back to me. I was going thru all the posts and for the life of me coulnd't remember. I truly appreciate you sharing. Can I say I'm soooo very sorry that your mom and sister are not here. I find it so hard to be dealing w/ my wedding without my parents and I tend (at times) to get pretty emotional over not having them here. So I just wanted to let you know I kind of know what you're going thru and no doubt in my mind there up above and watching over you. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I'm due to talk to Lauren either tomorrow or during the week. Seems like my family is against me getting her and I havn't even spoken to my FI about this but its something I really I want...I need a "mini me" for that day <haha /> I know having someone like Lauren will limit my stress level and I'm all about that! Its the best way to do it by hiring someone like her.... So here's hoping. 

What's your name by the way? Where's your wedding and when is it?

Thanks for the input on Lauren. Let's stay in touch.
    Lee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lost my mom, sister and father all in 2005.  At that point I thought I would never even want a wedding without them there.  As time went on I obviously changed my mind but it is sad not to have them here to guide me and share the experience with me.  I do believe that they are with me.  So sorry for your loss as well.  I do have a 24 yr. old daughter who has been involved so that has helped allot.

I don't understand why your family is against you having a planner.  Are they going to do all of the work?  I wouldn't even want to attempt to put this together by myself.  If you are paying for her, it's really none of their business.

My wedding is at The  Garrison in Garrison, NY. which is in Dutchess County. It's going to be on Oct. 16, 2011, which is my daughter's birthday. I'm from the Hudson Valley and moved down here to Fl. in '05.  Have you found your venue yet?

Let me know how it goes with Lauren.  I found her through these boards as well.

Wendy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren is my DOC. I love her. Even though she is my DOC I've gone to her for a few things and she's been really helpful. I didn't find her through the boards - she was the DOC at my friends wedding so I used her based on that. I never thought not to hire a DOC atleast... who will do the set up of things I want, etc... I just don't want to worry about anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Wendy -
    I'll let you know how it goes with Lauren. To answer your questions in regards to why my fam is against me having a coordinator...they all had their weddings without one but I explained to them that because of my personality -- because its the sign of the times I don't want to go thru what I saw them go thru. Although my one sister's point is that this is why your paying for the venue your paying for...the Mgr of the place is suppose to oversee and make sure everything goes smoothly but I told her you saw how well that worked out for you?...Her Mgr never even over saw her own wedding so it was me running around saying you were suppose to do this that and the other thing.  I'm going to weigh it out but my feeling is strong about this and then I will broach the subject w/ my FI.  We didn't take a loan out for the wedding...we are paying as we go along (its a bit difficult but at least we won't be looking at this massive loan when everything is said and done) he's a very practical man as I am practical too but I want what I want <haha /> that's the brat in me & if I feel this is going to ease the pressures of my day then as everyone keeps telling me "THIS IS YOUR DAY" well then I'm going to act exactly like that - and what will be best for me and my day is what I will decide. I don't want to have to be on my cell phone checking up on things throughout the day - I just want to know its all in place. The last thing I want is to feel like I'm at my job working as I normally do. This is the one day I will want to cut myself some slack so we'll see how it all goes.

Wow what a huge loss for you all in one year! I'm so very sorry. Do you look back and try to figure out how you managed to get thru it all?  What a blessing it is to have your daughter there at least and to be married on her birthday how beatiful is that?

Yes, my venue  is all set...I'm ceremony and reception will be all at the same place...The Fountainhead in New Rochelle.   I'm a very organized person and like to stay ahead of the curve...its just in my nature. Not to say that I haven't hit a bump here or there but that's how it goes...nothing is perfect. This is one of my main reasons for wanting Lauren to be there on my day...I want to eliminate on having to be coordinating on that day too. BTW...my wedding is May 7th 2011. If my parent's were still here it would've been their 55th wedding anniversary :-( ... I felt there was a reason May 7th just happened to land on a Saturday next year so I truly feel that was one of my little signs from up above (mom especially) ... I was contemplating having it on Sunday, 5.8.11 but that is Mother's Day and I certainly didn't want to interefere w/ anyone elses day with their mom and it might have been a bit too emotional for me......o 5.7.11 it is.

I'll keep you posted Wendy.  Have a great day.

-Lee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I think back to that time in my life I almost feel sick.  It was horrible.  I got through it because of my fiancé and some very good medications to be honest.

My son recently  went to the JOP and got married and it just so happened to be on my parents anniversary.  Pretty cool.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you speak with Lauren?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards