Missouri-St Louis
Options

Need ideas...help!! Someone plan this wedding please!

Hi there- I'm in desperate need of some budget friendly ideas. I am getting married in Oct of this year, having an outdoor ceremony at a park under a gazebo. I've hired someone to play the guitar but no ideas on how to do the cermony, or what music to have her play. Its on a Friday and I am struggling with what time to have the ceremony as well. The gazebo is rented from 5-7 (also need easy time friendly deco ideas) but need to consider rush hour traffic being a hassle for guests traveling to ceremomy also considering best time for pictures. The reception is indoors from 7-11..doing the traditional banquet center with open bar and dancing but other than that not really into the traditional reception ideas. I just want to enjoy the night and not stress about dances, speeches ect. Any suggestions would be helpful...I have my dress and I want the colors to be red and black but other than what I mentioned above this wedding is still relatively unplanned!! :( 5 months and counting...please help :)

Re: Need ideas...help!! Someone plan this wedding please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really sure what you're asking for...but you could try posting a more specific question on the budget weddings board as far as decorations go. As far as the ceromony goes...do you have an officiant? Because he/she should be able to tell you how the ceremony will flow, how much time it will take, etc. That's going to dictate what time you'd have to start the ceremony if you only have the gazebo from 5-7. 
    Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, find out what time sunset is in October.  You don't want to plan your ceremony after the sun has gone down.  If you're open to seeing your FI before the wedding you could do pictures before the ceremony.  I am also getting married on a Friday and we planned for a 6pm ceremony.  I didn't want to go any earlier because a lot of people don't get off work until 5.  Don't worry about the traffic, if people know they will have to battle traffic I'm sure they will plan accordingly.

As far as the ceremony goes, that depends on what you want.  Are you having a religious ceremony or are you having a friend/judge/etc marry you?  If you're using a minister he or she should have ideas for the ceremony.  I'm sure if you google wedding ceremonies you can find tons of information.  It will really depend on what you like -readings, music, prayers, unity candles, speakers, or just a short and sweet exchange of vows and rings.

Are you hiring a dj for the reception?  Let your dj know you don't want to do any of the traditional dances or speeches and you just want continual mustic.  I'm sure he will work with you.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We had three toasts (my dad, the best man, and the matron of honor), my grandpa said grace, and then the focus shifted to food and booze.  No over-the-top bridal party entrance, no garter tossing, no dollar dance, I very quietly gave my bouquet to my grandma, no embarrassing bulls**t.  Even the cake-cutting was relatively low-key.  If you have music, food, and an open bar, people will be happy.

I also got married on a Friday in fall--late October.  6 p.m. sunset ceremony, 6:30 cocktail hour, 7:30 dinner, reception until 11 p.m.  We had candles everywhere--cost-effective and romantic.  Have you thought about lanterns?  Check out lunabazaar.com or orientaltrading.com.

You're on your own music-wise.  That's a really personal choice, but just about anything on acoustic guitar will be beautiful.

Do you have an officiant?  That will really dictate how the ceremony goes, songs and readings and whatnot. It really will start to fall into place.  And if it doesn't, hire a wedding planner :)

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone...does anybody have an officiant I could contact?? The judge I was going with fell through :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're still looking for an officant, we are using Doug Robison and he has been fantastic to work with so far! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards