North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Need help: Prestonwood vs. NC State University Club

My fiance and I think we have it narrowed down to two places for our reception but we're finding it hard to decide because both have pros and cons.  The University Club is about $3,000-$4,000 chea[er but when you're already talking over $10,000 I'm not sure that decides it completely.  We love the flow and the look of the Prestonwood - we're looking at having the reception in the Main Clubhouse, not the ballroom.  We were hoping to let the food decide but they won't let us do tastings before signing on.  So I'm hoping anyone out there can tell us what they thought of these two places, in particular the food, the service and if there were any hidden fees or problems.  Thanks!

Re: Need help: Prestonwood vs. NC State University Club

• Options
    alongamore17alongamore17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have been to a wedding at prestowood before. The whole thing was beautiful. The food was really good and there was no problems there. Dont really no much about the other place but i do know that you would not be dissapointed with prestonwood :)

good luck
  • Options
    CashWedding12CashWedding12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who did you speak with at the U. Club? We are having our reception there next April and we asked to try food before signing- it was no problem. She told us to pick out what we wanted to try. We picked chicken piccatta, chicken romano, and the sweet potato souffle. The piccatta was good but very lemony/strong so we went with the romano which was better and definitely a crowd pleaser type dish. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The State Club is also another beautiful choice that's much newer, and from what it seems, around the same price level as the University Club and what Prestonwood would be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help. We went with the University Club because of how flexible they were.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards