Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hotel suggestion for out of town guests

Hello everyone! 

My fiance and I are having our ceremony and reception at Duquesne University. My entire family will be coming from Ohio and I am assuming they plan on spending at least one night in Pittsburgh. 

I am looking to reserve a block of rooms within 5-10 minutes of downtown Pittsburgh that has a meeting area where we could have an after party or brunch the next morning for all out-of-towners. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions before I start calling around? I am planning from afar so any help would be appreciated!

Re: Hotel suggestion for out of town guests

• hyatt place on the north shore was wonderful for us, we had a huge room block and everyone said the rooms and service were great. you can book a brunch there. its pretty expensive though, like possibly 30/person, so we opted not to and people really enjoyed the included breakfast at the hotel (continental mostly but also had hot sandwiches and a couple other hot things).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had our room block at the Westin Convention Center. Everyone loved it especially since there is a restaurant right in the lobby.
  • Thanks everyone! Actually, anywhere with free continential breakfast would be great! We will probably stay at the same hotel as our guests and wouldn't mind joining them for breakfast the morning after the wedding. 

Slightly OT: Did any of you take advantage of the hotel shuttle for transportation for your guests? Or did you use a private transportation company? 
  • We used Pittsburgh Transportation Group for two 25 passenger shuttles to take hotel guests from the hotel to church to the reception then back to the hotel at the end of the night. They were great to work with and had very reasonable pricing. 
  • The SpringHill Suites in the Southside works has a free breakfast and gives your guests access to a tourist friendly part of town (shopping, movies, places to eat, city bus tour).  They also have a shuttle bus.  Parking has a fee though.  The Hampton Inn in the strip or Holiday Inn Express Southside might be worth looking into as well.
  • Hampton Inn in the strip is also good and has free breakfast.
  • The Marriot City Center is only a block up the street from Duquesne and they have a restaurant/bar there called Steelhead that you could go to!  That's where we're reserving a block of rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards