Mississippi
Options

Planning to Get Married 03/28/2010 in or near Biloxi, MS

HELP! We have about 4 months to plan everything, and we need recommendations/suggestions for pretty much ALL of it:

-ceremony/reception sites near or in Biloxi, MS
 -floral
-catering
-tux rentals
-decorations
-live bands
-etc...

We would like to have it outdoors (for some reason, my fiance has mentioned big oak trees, so perhaps something that does have one)and preferably near the beach, but not necessary. We both like something modern, classy, and/or something unique.

Any ideas and/or suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading. 

Jesibel & Nathan

Re: Planning to Get Married 03/28/2010 in or near Biloxi, MS

• Options
    krystalskkrystalsk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married 3/20/10 at Beauvoir in Biloxi. Have you looked at the park in Biloxi, across from Hard Rock & Beau Rivage?  It's not a big park, but it's pretty. There is the platform that surrounds a big oak tree.  You could get married on the platform.  Another place I looked at is the Great Southern Club. It's on the top floor of the Hancock Bank building in Gulfport (on 49).  It has great views.
    My bridesmaids are getting their dresses from Gatlin's. We haven't done tuxes yet, that is our next step.
    Our reception is at Pass Chistian Yacht Club, so they are doing the food. 
    Alicia from Imagine That! (in Bay St. Louis) is doing my flowers & day of coordinating & getting some of our rentals. (www.imaginethatevent.com)
    Our photographer is from Picayune, Christian Burge.  But Sean Smith is awesome! He was booked on our day.  Actually, your date was the only day he had open for March. Neil Ladner (Gulfportraits) is another good photographer.
    Jacqueline Ladnier is doing our cake. She just started her business, Iced and Sliced. She does it out of her house in Woolmarket.  Her cake is awesome!!! & she is very inexpensive.  Her website is www.msicedandsliced.blogspot.com

That's all I can come up with now. Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your time and for all the information, krystalsk!!! 

Price is also a bit of our concern, as we do not want to go over budget (or try to spend as less as possible). To anyone, how much are weddings typically costs in Biloxi area?

We are out of town, so unfortunately, we don't have the leisure to drive and look at the places...only online :(. We're getting married in the area, since it was somewhat of a location where our family is centralized.
  • Options
    LovesMMLovesMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just got married and we used the Donal Snyder Community Center for our reception. It was pretty cheap. They let You use their tables and chairs.

goggle Biloxi City Department of Recreation. You will need to email Tina Cowart for specifics.

We had the room for three hours the night before for set up, and all day on the day of for about $560. But you have to have security and fire there too. If you have 100 people or less it's cheaper.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your replies. We appreciate it. Wow, I'm getting nervous as the days gets closer...still have everything to do...yikes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want a wedding photographer who has no qualms about breaking up a 19 year marriage by constantly emailing and texting your significant other, than by all means hire Amanda. She is so sweet she will steal him away and smile the whole time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards