Maine
Options

Wedding Nightmares

Who's having them?  What are they like?  FI hates when I tell him about my dreams because they never ever make any kind of sense.. haha..

But I have had ones in which there weren't enough tables & chairs and the coordinator told me it'd be fine and they could just sit on the stools at the high tops.. and last night I had one that only 1 of the vendors would show up so I had to have like 4 different weddings and 1 of them was 8 hours long while the other was only 2.. and one of my bridesmaids didn't check her PO Box and didn't know about the last 2.. hahah ohhh boy.. 4 months from tomorrow!

Re: Wedding Nightmares

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, 4 months will go quickly!  I've had some wacky nightmares too.  One in particular it was time for me to go and I didn't have my hair or makeup done and I had somehow forgotten to pick up my dress.  Like that would ever happen!  lol.  I think it's normal, or at least I hope it is.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I keep having ones where my photographer and DJ don't show up.  What makes this so funny is that I have known my DJ for almost 20 years and my photographer is the mom of one of my students.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have them all the time! I had one where we got married in some crappy KofC hall and my dress was hideous, another where my mom just decided she was inviting a few people that I'm not close to and there was no photographer or family from my FI's side, and one where I was verrryyy pregnant..baby on the brain much?! I think the only time I worry is in my sleep! 

• Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that I think it's very normal to have dreams like these. I've had one - it involved me opening my dress' garment bag about a week before the wedding. Once opened, it was not my dress but some silk shantung suit that was so not my style. I was very calm in the dream as I wondered how this happened and just thought, "well I'll just have to go find a new dress off the rack at this point." My mother, who thinks my dress is "immodest" because it's strapless (she's very conservative) loved the silk suit in the dream. hahaha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha i have had a couple

the worst one so far was that i was about to enter the chapel where i am getting married and I had no makeup, my hair wasn't done and I had no bouquet haha

and its wierd because I am not stressed about any of those aspects of my wedding
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_wedding-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:5151b125-3cf8-498c-a102-87adda6cdfb6Post:70914138-c1d3-49e1-bb7e-576d707a8052">Re: Wedding Nightmares</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, 4 months will go quickly!  I've had some wacky nightmares too.  One in particular it was time for me to go and I didn't have my hair or makeup done and I had somehow forgotten to pick up my dress.  Like that would ever happen!  lol.  I think it's normal, or at least I hope it is.  :)
    Posted by chrispygal[/QUOTE]
    Mine are just like this!!! I'm always dreaming that I'm not prepared or forgetting something.  Totally freaks me out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I've had tons of wedding dreams/nightmares.  The one I remember most is that I was at the church, and FI was late (as usual, lol).  I was waiting, and waiting, and then when he finally showed up, he saw me before the ceremony! 
    I ususally have wedding related dreams at least once a week... I wonder what I'll be dreaming about in 4 months, when this wedding stuff is over!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_wedding-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:5151b125-3cf8-498c-a102-87adda6cdfb6Post:2244b506-469c-4256-9b4d-c6b59cb7f5c3">Re: Wedding Nightmares</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have them all the time! I had one where we got married in some crappy KofC hall and my dress was hideous, another where <strong>my mom just decided she was inviting a few people that I'm not close to and there was no photographer</strong> or family from my FI's side, and one where I was verrryyy pregnant..baby on the brain much?! I think the only time I worry is in my sleep! 
    Posted by britthall06[/QUOTE]

I definitely don't think you have to worry about your mom doing that! 

If you start having nightmares that Michelle doesn't show up for your wedding too, I'm going to start worrying!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm more of a lurker on this board, but I saw this and was so glad to see that other people have wedding nightmares!  I have them constantly, probably because absolutely every decision made has been a huge fight with someone in mine or my FI's family.  Recently the Best Man has been teasing me about getting my FI really drunk before the ceremony and last night I had a dream that he was wasted and everything was a huge mess. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahaa OMG I love reading these.. they are cracking me up!  Keep them coming :)
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How appropriate that I had a wedding nightmare last night!!!!!  But my dreams are so random and weird it made little sense.

We were having the outdoor ceremony at one location across like a river or marsh or something - then reception back on the other side -- so guests had to be BOATED to the ceremony.  (yes, weird).  Well the boat costs 3$ a ride and I had forgotten to pay their way so I was scrambling through my pocketbook and found 6$ and then ran off to give it to the boat driver.  BUT on the way there I stopped because I realized I didn't want people to see me in my dress yet.  So guests had to pay their own way. 

The rest of the dream - I can barely remember.  I do remember the weather being misty and kinda rainy in the dark and I had also forgotten to put up garden lights/string lights so we didn't have enough lighting.

I'm such a weirdo!
  • Options
    britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_wedding-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:5151b125-3cf8-498c-a102-87adda6cdfb6Post:62901d77-7e8c-4c14-adb4-0ec812ba3a3d">Re: Wedding Nightmares</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Nightmares : I definitely don't think you have to worry about your mom doing that!  If you start having nightmares that Michelle doesn't show up for your wedding too, I'm going to start worrying!
    Posted by hcorrigan34[/QUOTE]

HAHA tell me about it! If there was anything I was worried about, it was her inviting EVERYONE she knows! I found that if I prepare myself for the worst with Missy it's usually never as bad as I was expecting ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards