Getting in Shape

Ideal Protein

I started a program called Ideal Protein on Friday. It's a four phase, low calorie, high fiber program. I'm under the supervision of a doctor. I'm hoping to loose 40 to 50 pounds. It's only been two days, but so far I enjoy it. Have any of you ladies tried it and if so, were you happy with the results?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideal Protein

• Out of curiousity, how low is low calorie?
    imageimageimage
  • I've never heard of it, but good luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd never heard of it, so I did some (admittedly minimal) rsearch--and it seems like a bad idea to me. It seems like the kind of diet that will produce big losses that are difficult to maintain once you stop following it; and it's not the type of diet that can be followed long-term. I believe you would see good results with fewer risks (albeit perhaps more slowly) with a lifestyle change that includes a healthful, well-balanced diet including high-quality carbs, good proteins and fats, and exercise.

I'm glad that you are being supervised by a doctor, because there are risks associated with the diet, similar to the risks associated with other very low-carb diets.

In any case, take care of yourself! And good luck.
  • Hi All!

I am a Ideal Protein Coach out of Virginia Beach, VA! I did the diet just as a guinea pig to see if the claims were true. I began with the intent on just dropping 10-15 pounds (and at that time, if I had even dropped 20 I would have been exstatic!!). I ended up loosing 35 pounds, and 4 dress sizes right before my first dress fitting/ordering!  It was a tiny bit of a sacrifice: no drinking, minimal exercise (I did continue to walk my dog daily). But so worth it- the pictures, the complements and the memories I recieved are priceless!!

To answer some of the above questions, the diet is NOT a high protein diet. Can you believe that the average amaerican woman does not consume the daily  protein requirement? To determine the amount of protein you need take your lean weight, divide it in half and that is the number of grams of protein. For example: a 160lb woman needs 80g of protein daily.  It is only available through a medical professional for good reasons, there is a myriad of health concerns that needs to be addressed with a Doctor before starting any type of dietary protocol. Thus, allowing  for a safe, tailored program. The program is phased (having 4 separate steps) allowing for your body to properly adapt to the metabolic changes of weight gain to weight loss, to weight maintenance. Where it may be followed for life.

Daily calorie intake is around 1,000 kcal. The important thing to know is that anyone can loose weight (just try not eating for a day!). But the program is designed to target a natural metabolic process of fat burning, while sparing mucles, organs, and all of the necessary stuff!! Of course, like medication it needs to be followed 100% for effectiveness. People who cheat, cheat themselves, and may loose weight on the scale, but not inches and could be burning vital body tissues, thus doing more harm than good. I have seen my participants drop off all medications for  high cholesterol, diabetes, I have seen them have more energy, regain ahold of their social lives, their missed passions for physical activity, and become the happy person they have missed.

If you need more info: www.idealprotein.com. Or if you are in the Hampton Roads area of Va Beach please look us up for help: mychirosolutions.com
  • @Kwhite--you probably want to remove your website address from your post. Solicitation is not allowed on the boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards