Offbeat Weddings
Options

Need gift help

Ok, so I want to do something special for one of my bridesmaids and for my sister as well, but am on a tight budget for the gifts (because I already got them their bridesmaids gifts, but will explain lol)

My one bridesmaid and her husband are bakers for a living, they do cakes for birthdays, weddings, etc. They are doing our wedding cake for us. I don't even know what its going to look like, it'll be a surprise that day haha! I got her a gift for being a bridesmaid but want to throw in something small for doing the cake too (it is our wedding gift, so its not like they are doing it free for no reason except to do it and I'm skimping on a thank you lol)

The other gift I need help for is my sister. She's also in my bridal party, and already getting a bridesmaids gifts. Her gift to me was to alter my mother's wedding dress for me to make (big alterations, not just take it in, but take a dress from the 80s and make it a more modern backless dress) as well as she is making the bridesmaids/flower girls dresses.

I think I want to do something themed for them because they both live and breath these activities (cake baking and fashion) but I am not sure what to do.... Any ideas? TIA!

Re: Need gift help

• Options
    Ooo that's a good idea. I can probably find out from my sister's bf what she's currently 'saving up for' for her fashion designing stuff :)
  • Options

I had a friend who got married who worked in a bakery for years and made her own cake. My mother got her a really nice engraved cake pan! She loved it! Maybe something like that! :) I'm sure they have cake pans, but one with their names and maybe a significant date.. Just a thought!

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For the baker maybe an ingredients basket filled with various ingredients she might like to use in her baking:  different types of chocolate chips, cookie cutters, sprinkles, various nuts, flavor extracts, etc. 

On Project Runway they take the contestants to shop at Mood so perhaps a giftcard there would be something your sister would enjoy. I looked into it and they'll do giftcards starting at $10 and it can be used to shop online if you're not near a Mood store. In case this sounds like something she'd like:

Good luck figuring it out! 
  • Options
    Love the engraved cakepan idea!  Simple, practical, and personal. 

Does your sister have any special sewing needs? (I figure from your post that she does a lot of this, and it's not just that she likes to look.) Maybe you can personalize a traveling sewing kit, or crochet kit, or whatever if she has a variety of handcrafting interests. 

Personalize something like a tape measure? (as if you are saying I love you beyond measure... Sorry, I'm a cheesy goof sometimes!)

meacu1pa
    My motto = I was a queen before the man: I'll be damned if some wedding is going to demote me.
  • Options

I love the engraved cake pan!

My sister does A LOT... as in that's her career lol! She's a fashion designer, so something pertaining to that would be awesome :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards