Snarky Brides
Options

Show me your meal plans for the week

Of if yours aren't done yet, last week's?  Bonus points for links to recipes.  I'm drawing a blank.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Show me your meal plans for the week

• Options
    I was going to start one of these.  This is the first week I might actually make dinner every night.  So far I've got:

Leftover pulled pork with rice another night (<clicky)
    My go-to baked sausage/potatoes/onions (<clicky)
    Maybe a shepherds' pie of some kind?
    I dunno what else.
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Mmmm, I love that Puerto Rican pork.  So sweet, yet with a little kick. 

Everything I'm in the mood for is totally cold weather food, and I don't feel like making cold weather food. 

• Options
    Monday - Sundried tomato goat cheese chicken with balsamic potatoes (http://annies-eats.com/2007/07/12/chicken-with-goat-cheese-and-sun-dried-tomato-sauce/ and http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2008/11/balsamic-roasted-red-potatoes.html)

Tuesday - Tacos

Wednesday - FI's night to cook

Thursday - Dinnner at Dad's 

Saturday - DIY
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I know, J. I really want chili, but I feel ridiculous making chili when it's freaking eighty degrees outside.  Maybe I could do that turkey chili? I feel like I should be making a lot of summery foods, but they don't sound good yet.
  • Options
    I feel like I want to grill every night this week, but I get home late enough  most nights that we then wouldn't eat until 8 or 8:30.  Lame. 

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    *Grilled sirloin and roasted cauliflower
    *cornish game hen, sauteed mushrooms and steamed broccoli
    *ham steak and asparagus
    *herb and white wine chicken breasts with corn on the cob
    *bacon, cheddar, and broccoli soup
  • Options
    Duds, have you made that HM chicken?  USE CORNFLAKES FOR REAL.  I was all "Oh, I can use bread crumbs."  NO.  NO YOU CAN'T.  They get soggy.  Cornflakes hold up so much better.

I also did homemade HM, and it was AMAZING.  I don't even LIKE HM and I wanted to drink the stuff.

• Options
    Fi is out to sea so Monday: Rice Chex. Tuesday: waffles. Wednesday: rice Chex... You get the picture.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_show-me-your-meal-plans-for-the-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5f37e9b-46ad-45b2-8000-72f58249e0b7Post:c559a76c-277a-46e9-96c5-77d0dcf047e2">Re: Show me your meal plans for the week</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi is out to sea so Monday: Rice Chex. Tuesday: waffles. Wednesday: rice Chex... You get the picture.
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

That sounds positively depressing and not very appealing. 

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Our bbq is shot and we just bought a new one on thursday but we have to wait for home depot to assemble it (no effing way am I putting that bad boy together) and deliver it. So, no bbqing for me until that happens. So until then, I dont really give a shiit about dinner because it wont be as good as it could be :( I love bbqing so much.
  • Options
    I'm doing our meal plan right now and I'm blanking on one meal.  We do 6 meals/week, 2-chicken, 2-turkey, 1-pork, 1-beef.  So far I have:

Monday: Grilled Chicken breasts with steamed broccoli and caprese salad

Tuesday: Tacos with ground turkey, cheese, avocado, salsa

Wednesday: Pork chops marinated in lemon, olive oil, rosemary and sage with sauteed green beans

Thursday: Turkey sausage and peppers with roasted red potatoes

Friday: Grilled sirloin with baked sweet potatoes and roasted cauliflower

So, tonight calls for chicken but I am completely burnt out on chicken recipes.  Anyone have a gluten free chicken recipe that they love?  
  • Options
    crnflk girl - I like my waffles dressed up with fresh strawberry slices and whipped cream.  Yum!

Monday -Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/popular-ingredients/slow-cooker-soup-recipes-00100000074450/page3.html
    Leftovers in Freezer for future use.

Tuesday - Green Salad

Wednesday - Pork Tenderloin on the grill, with cheesy grilled potatoes (use leftover pork for lunch sandwiches for FI

Thursday - Freezer dinners from previous week.  Probably Turkey empanadas.

Friday - Fish Fry

Okay, ladies, teach me how to make the clickly (link) thing.  I have tried, and tried, but can't seem to master it.  Many thanks in advance.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_show-me-your-meal-plans-for-the-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5f37e9b-46ad-45b2-8000-72f58249e0b7Post:d589cf4a-1221-43dc-b893-5091d56db262">Re: Show me your meal plans for the week</a>:
    [QUOTE] So, tonight calls for chicken but I am completely burnt out on chicken recipes.  Anyone have a gluten free chicken recipe that they love?  
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

*feta and bacon (prosciutto preferably) stuffed chicken breasts

*chicken satay with peanut sauce

*spinach and cheese chicken rollups

*blackened chicken

*chicken kabobs
  • Options
    Oh, Anna.  You're a saint.  Thank you!  The feta and proscuitto stuffed chicken sounds amazing and just what I was craving (subconsciously).
  • Options
    Oooh, thanks for all the suggestions and links! :)

My FI is coming back from his bachelor weekend and I doubt he will want to eat anything to night. grr. So I'll probably pick up some brats or chicken to put on the grill and eat a Caesar salad.

We are having (in no particular order)

buffalo chicken wraps
    Marinated grilled pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes
    crock pot french dips with grilled aspargus

The other nights we will be eating whatever we can scrounge up or going out, because we are bad like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sunday: burgers on the grill and veggie kabobs Monday: Parmesan talapia Squash and rice pilaf Tuesday: chicken enchiladas Spanish rice and some veggie Wednesday: rib eyes and green beans Thursday: empanadas for H's birthday Friday: Alfredo shrimp pasta and salad Saturday: chicken soup and salad Sunday: meatloaf green beans and potatoes Monday: noodles and salad Tuesday: eating out either wings or Mexican. Wednesday: baked talapia and rice pilaf and squash Thursday: crock pot chicken cordon bleu Friday: fajitas Saturday: shrimp scampi

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_show-me-your-meal-plans-for-the-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5f37e9b-46ad-45b2-8000-72f58249e0b7Post:c559a76c-277a-46e9-96c5-77d0dcf047e2">Re: Show me your meal plans for the week</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi is out to sea so Monday: Rice Chex. Tuesday: waffles. Wednesday: rice Chex... You get the picture.
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

Ha.  My husband and I don't meal plan so this amused me.  I buy breakfast and lunch things that are really planned out, but dinner?  Complete free-for-all.  I don't get home from work until 7pm (when I'm ready to eat my arm off) and my husband doesn't get home until 8pm.  I buy maybe one good meal for dinner for the week and the rest is pasta, soup or frozen leftovers. 

I'm really amazed reading these dinner plans.  Maybe one day I'll have the energy and time for this. 
  • Options
    Tonight: corned beef, cabbage, potatoes
    tomorrow: short ribs (http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/asian-spiced-short-ribs), and homemade wontons
    tuesday: probably sandwhiches
    wednesday: homemade ravioli. I got a pasta sheeter on Friday, so I'm excited to use it
    Thursday: no plan. I'll probably grab something between class and work
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_show-me-your-meal-plans-for-the-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5f37e9b-46ad-45b2-8000-72f58249e0b7Post:2c2748a3-40e1-46a6-9e3a-676bb5d2f6a5">Re: Show me your meal plans for the week</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your meal plans for the week : That sounds positively depressing and not very appealing. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I'm not much of a cooker, and I love breakfast for dinner... Mmmm.... Waffles! Besides, nice and easy with no real dishes! Bonus!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_show-me-your-meal-plans-for-the-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5f37e9b-46ad-45b2-8000-72f58249e0b7Post:3c05a30c-90aa-4144-8291-171e9a240a30">Re: Show me your meal plans for the week</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your meal plans for the week : I've found that meal planning saves me time/energy during the week.  I think a lot of us meal plan because we don't have gobs of free time on week nights.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I realize this in theory, but I assure you that it won't do anything but stress me out right now.  The last thing I want to do on a week night is cook something or - even more importantly - clean it up.  I'll cook on Sunday and use the left overs during the week, but cooking during the week is an absolute no with my schedule.

However, things will change one day.  I'll remember reading these things and be inspired :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_show-me-your-meal-plans-for-the-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5f37e9b-46ad-45b2-8000-72f58249e0b7Post:3c05a30c-90aa-4144-8291-171e9a240a30">Re: Show me your meal plans for the week</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your meal plans for the week : I've found that meal planning saves me time/energy during the week.  <strong>I think a lot of us meal plan because we don't have gobs of free time on week nights.</strong>
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]
    That's why I do it. I also do it to save money on the grocery bill and use all the food we buy before it goes bad.<div>
    </div><div>I find it's freed up a lot of time during the week nights and I also usually build in one night in the middle of the week where FI is in charge of cooking and another night at some point (usually Thursdays or Sundays) that is a fix it yourself. </div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I do a lot of slow cooker meals because I have more time in the morning prior to leaving for work.  and we always make the full recipe and freeze leftovers for a meal later in the month.  FI usually preps the freezer meals which is a double bonus to me.

• Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Tonight: Pasta Carbonara (link)

Tomorrow: Jerk ahi tuna with cilantro lime rice and some other veggie

I don't have the rest of the week planned out but based on what is in the freezer we'll be eating the following things in the near future:

Mustard and herb crusted pork tenderloin (link)

Broiled Swordfish, possibly with some sort of mustard sauce

Pan roasted chicken thighs - these are just thrown skin side down in a very hot cast iron pan and then thrown in the oven. They're crispy and amazing. 

Spaghetti with ground turkey in red sauce
  • Options
    Tonight: Mustard glazed pork chops, loaded mashed potatoes, fried cabbabge

Tomorrow: Mongolian Beef, rice

Tuesday: Peachy keen chicken, asparagus

Wednesday: Bacon wrapped shrimp, couscous, green beans

Thursday: Beef tenderloin, colcannon, beer bread

Friday: Grilled chicken smothered with onions/mushrooms, baked potato

Saturday: Parmesan crusted tilapia
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Crescent Pizza Roll Ups <--- Clicky
    Chicken Stuffing Bake <----- Clicky
    Key West Grilled Chicken <---Clicky - I have no idea what sides =(

And hot dogs and breakfast for dinner :) 

We never end up making all 5 things so I'm sure something will roll over to next week. This is not a very healthy meal week at all. 
  • Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Joy, I'm with you. I haven't ever meal planned, but I can definitely see the logic behind it. I think part of it is that my work schedule is so weird, so I'm home at 5 PM some days at 10:30 PM other days. I need to get on the slow cooker train.

We also don't really grocery shop- everything that's close to us is incredibly expensive, and the Trader Joe's is two buses away. We only do major grocery shopping if we're borrowing a friend's car or suck it up and pay for a Zipcar.
  • Options

No particular order:
    Pizza
    Lasagna
    Fried Bullhead
    Wings out at our local
    Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pheasant

Wedding Countdown TickerPitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards