Snarky Brides

Its Saturday.

Whats up for the weekend? Any fun plans??

I still feel crappy and H got home super late so I doubt we will do much this weekend.

Ive been having the worst dreams lately. Last night it was a zombie one.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Its Saturday.

• Morning Blue, sorry you're not feeling well.

Its supposed to rain all day here, so not much going on. I'll probably do some crafts. We have sedatives for the dog, so we still have to keep him calm. I think it's probably indoor project time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What kind of chicken, Dot?

I need to be more careful about drinking water during the day. I keep dehydrating myself and getting headaches. Ugh.

In other news, I won a beautiful crocheted afghan last night for WAY cheaper than I could ever make it or buy it for myself. DH is enjoying being cuddled up in it currently. :)
  • I'm off for a run in a minute.  I wanted to wait until it clouded over and maybe started raining (because it's just a much cooler environment to run in), but I'm ready to go now.  After that, work for a bit and then I have to finish "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."  Thanks for the rec!
  • Good morning all.  Beautiful early fallish weather here in Chicago.  Springsteen is in town and my best friend and I were thinking of heading down to Wrigleyville to "hear" him rather than "see" him.  My son lives a block away from Wrigley Field and he can always hear the concerts perfectly.  I don't know tho that I am up for all the traffic and craziness of the neighborhood tho.  Parking would be a nightmare and I don't think my exH will offer to let us park in his garage.

KD, what did vet say about A yesterday?

Blue, feel better soon!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-saturday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eddacdde-0ed9-4def-b7b4-1f0fdc2093ebPost:9f186678-dd63-43b3-a5f9-5c18f02155bc">Re: Its Saturday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning all.  Beautiful early fallish weather here in Chicago.  Springsteen is in town and my best friend and I were thinking of heading down to Wrigleyville to "hear" him rather than "see" him.  My son lives a block away from Wrigley Field and he can always hear the concerts perfectly.  I don't know tho that I am up for all the traffic and craziness of the neighborhood tho.  Parking would be a nightmare and I don't think my exH will offer to let us park in his garage. KD, what did vet say about A yesterday? Blue, feel better soon!
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

She said he wasnt really bleeding, the fluid in the sack has to go somewhere. The swelling is actually  going down and she gave us some sedatives since we cant keep him calm, goofy pup. Thanks for asking.

I really need to finish Abraham Lincoln VH as well Joy, I'm about 30% through. But I cant stop Pinning and finding more projects! I think I have a problem.

Right now we're watching Pride and Prejudice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry to hear you're having a rough day, Blue,

Glad to hear Atticus will get to recoup now!

FI is on the roof of the garage putting down the felt paper tht goes under shingles (yay- we have a roof), I'm assisting from the ground but am making some lunch now so I'm off duty.

I will be doing grade eight math tonight so I can head into the class on Monday and not look like a total goober, and am dealing with dd today. She (at 9) is a complete and total hormonal mess and I'm about ready to lose my mind!

She's 9 and has been visited by the puberty fairy. We're just at the beginning of the road - she's beginning to develop breasts - but her mood swings are unlike anything I've ever dealt with. She's always been a 'spirited' kid, knows her own mind and can be difficult to deal with at times, but this last month has been brutal. Today I can't even speak to her without her bursting into tears. I've asked her to make a list of things that make her want to cry/yell, so we can figure this out together (she keeps repeating that nothing is wrong), but she refuses to do that.

Has anyone survived this and remained sane???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Sorry Jenny; I only have experience with sons.  Somehow I don't think the phrase "this too shall pass" will bring you any comfort in the short term.
  • lol - thanks Marrin. There was nothing like this with my son, but his temperment has always been a bit more 'even' anyway, if that makes any sense. She's gone out with her friends now, all smiles and laughter, but I know she'll be back ...

This week has reminded me of the PMS episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep, my son has and always has had a pretty even temperament.  That's not to say that he wasn't a difficult kid to raise, but there were no mood swings.  I had always wanted a girl but had trouble conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy after son was born so I took that as a sign.  Good luck.  BTW, are kids hitting puberty earlier and earlier now, esp the girls? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-saturday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eddacdde-0ed9-4def-b7b4-1f0fdc2093ebPost:f86b7f11-d78f-4040-958d-4a7968719718">Re: Its Saturday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, my son has and always has had a pretty even temperament.  That's not to say that he wasn't a difficult kid to raise, but there were no mood swings.  I had always wanted a girl but had trouble conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy after son was born so I took that as a sign.  Good luck.  BTW, are kids hitting puberty earlier and earlier now, esp the girls? 
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Aw Marrin, sorry to hear that. I've been so lucky in that regard it always makes me wonder if I should tempt fate and try again, but am leaning towards ttc next fall. We'll see.

There's been a lot of media attention about earlier puberty, and I can't say that it's really true. I know that I was an early bloomer too, and dd is right on 'my' schedule. I was wearing a bra in grade 4, was a B cup by grade 5 and started my period at age 11, early in grade 6. While I was earlier than some of my peers, I wasn't the first. I see the kids around dd, and some of them are at the same point as her and some are about as far away as they can get.

I think genetics have more to do with it than anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards