Moms and Maids
Options

Bridal Shower Ideas!

I'm the MOH for my sisters wedding in 5 months and the other bridemaids and I figured out a theme but we're kind of stumped for details! The theme is California/LA/Hollywood since that is where they're going for their honeymoon! Does anyone have any ideas for decorating and food? Its going to be kind of tame since our mom will be there!

Re: Bridal Shower Ideas!

• Options
    Aren't bridal showers supposed to be tame? lol. I have to say, I've never been to a bridal shower that wasn't =) Bachlorette parties on the other hand... yikes! lol

I'd probably keep it low key on the theme - too much can be cheesy. Maybe do a few decorations that are Hollywood / beach themed - stars / Hollywood sign / movie posters / sun, etc. - and give out favors like sunglasses or movie ticket vouchers if you can afford it. Have some kind of beach-y drink (maybe a fuzzy navel or sex on the beach?) as a signature cocktail with some kind of mock-tini or pink lemonade or something. And just keep the food simple and finger friendly - fruit kabobs, pigs in a blanket, finger sandwiches, etc. It doens't really need to be themed food, just tasty and easy to eat!

Good luck!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    I think you can accomplish with a few decorations.  Like PP said, movie tickets and stars would convey the theme - maybe keeping things black and silver/gold.  I'l sure you can find hollywood theemed napkins and maybe confetti to sprinkle on the table.  Less is more so just find a couple of pieces and that'll do the trick.  Also, I bet you can find a fun invitation that maybe looks like a ticket or whatever you call those board things they snap when calling "action" or like a directors chair shape or Hollywood Blvd. star.  And I think any finger food would be appropriate, too.  And I'm sure you can apply something to the favor, too - something star shaped or movie related.

If you are playing any games such as guessing facts about the bride, try to make them movie theemed like what are their favorite films or what actress/actor would play the bride and groom and where would the film be set!

Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards