Interfaith Weddings
Options

Catholic/Lutheran

Hello All!

Here is the background.  I'm Catholic, and both sides of my family are stout catholics as well.  I have a strong faith in my religion.  My Fiance is Lutherand and he also has strong faith in his religion.  We are getting married at my small town catholic church.  We go to each other's services during the weekend, mine Saturday his Sunday.  We both say faith, not particularly our religion, is the most important thing in our lives.  Here is the thing My mom today had to put her nose into it, she only does this because she cares about me I know, but still he and I can do this together and make choices together.  She is all worried about me switching religions, and about our kids not being raised Catholic, in which I want them to be, just don't know how to convince him yet.  We took our FOCCUS test this past Sunday, and I'm calling the priest tomorrow.  Any tips or suggestions for me?  I had a few tears today after I got back home from talking to my mom about this.  Don't suggest that we should break up because we won't because I feel like God will be the center of our lives but with two different religions.

Ashley

Re: Catholic/Lutheran

• Options
    JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a similar boat. My FI is Catholic, and I'm Methodist. I think we should count our blessings that Lutheran & Methodist doctrines are so close to Catholicism and that we don't have bigger issues. We're still discussing the children issue too (it really bothers me that I wouldn't be taking part in their church learning). I'm also having the same mother issue...she's a layperson in the Methodist church and super involved. FI and I are comfortable with us staying in our own churches...but the children issue is difficult for sure. I'll be watching this thread too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm affriad I am in the same boat.  My fiance is Catholic and I am Espicopalian (again, similar Christian faith).  We have also agreed to get married in the Catholic Church, but I am not planning to convert and having the same struggle over the children issue.  Please keep me posed on anything you find that helps out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards