• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-New York City

Wedding Rings

Hey! Does anyone know of a good jewelry store in NYC? We are starting to look for rings but I don't know any good stores. I know 49th st. is the diamond district but I don't trust any of those places. 

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Rings

• edited December 2011
    Hello,

Honestly, I would trust the diamond district way more than I would trust a chain/independent jeweler.

The mark-ups in jewelry stores are so much higher. Whereas on 47th Street there is so much competition for the business that they have to keep the prices all within the same range in order to be competitive with each other. The overhead is also a lot less because they can buy/sell stones amongst themselves whereas jewelry stores have to move the inventory they already own.

The key is getting a bid for the same item from about 5 different jewelers. That way you make them work and get the lowest price. It is a lot of work, but worth it!

my e-ring and band ended up being significantly less than Blue Nile or any place we have priced similar quality pieces.

If you want a great reco for a jeweler we use Hanna at Bellagio Diamonds on west 47th. She is very trustworthy and great to deal with. She doesn't pressure and I love going to visit her :) She actually even lent me earrings and a bracelet to wear for my wedding.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards