Moms and Maids

Not enough Bridesmaids

My fiance and I are complete opposites when it comes to friends. He has a large group of friends, I have a very small, close knit group. When we got engaged I asked 5 girls to be in my wedding party (MOH and 4 BM). As of recently 1 BM and I no longer talk, so I'm down to 4. My fiance is asking 7 guys.... I think it'd look weird for the 3 BMs to walk down the aisle with 2 GMs! Should I ask two of the GMs significant others to be BMs or just have the sides be off? HELP!!!!!!!!!

Re: Not enough Bridesmaids

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_not-enough-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:f37c4144-09a9-4a6b-ad26-8af06efda123Post:c18a80c1-b12d-4a34-82f5-0bd546784419">Not enough Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are complete opposites when it comes to friends. He has a large group of friends, I have a very small, close knit group. When we got engaged I asked 5 girls to be in my wedding party (MOH and 4 BM). As of recently 1 BM and I no longer talk, so I'm down to 4. My fiance is asking 7 guys.... I think it'd look weird for the 3 BMs to walk down the aisle with 2 GMs! Should I ask two of the GMs significant others to be BMs or just have the sides be off? HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by boyslie72487[/QUOTE]
    No, don't ask random people just to even up numbers.  The WP should be the people who are nearest and dearest to you.  If you're really worried have the BM and the MOH walk out together then have two GM walk with each BM.  Honestly no one is going to be watching the WP leave.  Once the B&G exit most of your guests will be collecting their belongings, talking and trying to leave themselves.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Its totally fine to have uneven sides.  Just keep the bridal party as is.
  • Just keep things the way they are.  It is so common today to have uneven sides.  For our wedding I had two BMs and my H had 5 GMs.  Nothing looked weird and we certainly didn't get any crazy/rude comments from guests about not having weird sides.

Like PP said, the WP should be made up of people who are nearest and dearest, not random people just to fill a spot.

• Have uneven sides. Don't ask people just to fill a number quota.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I say just have the sides be off. Thats the way it is for my wedding. I have the MOH and 1 BM and my fiance has the BM and 2 GM. What we are doing is just having all the men line up together and then have the girls walk alone before me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards