Snarky Brides

*AATB*

Hey lady, I think my hair is naturally pretty similar to yours, but when I wear it curly it never looks pretty like yours does. What products do you use? Do you blow dry or air dry?

I'm sick of straightening. I'm trying to embrace my jew fro.

Re: *AATB*

• Thanks for the nice comments lady!

I alternate every other day with how I clean my hair - three to four times a week I'll use Wen, the other days I use Loreal's sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for colored hair.

On Wen days, I apply a small amount of the Wen styling gel to my hair and then use Tresemme mousse.  If I don't use the Wen gel I'll use a small amount of Tresemme curl cream, and then Tresemme mousse.  I make sure it's all evenly distributed through my hair, mostly by just using my fingers, and then I blow it dry upside down.  I don't do much else.
    panther
  • Well, I answered, but TK sucks.
    panther
  • I see it! I saw the Wen commercial the other day and was wondering if it was really all that jazz. Maybe I need to get me some!
  • I really like Wen because curly hair tends to be more dry, so it helps keep my hair moist while also healthier and shinier.  It also comes with a deep condition treatment and I'll use that every week or every other week.
    panther
  • Do you order Wen online or does it come in the stores too?
  • Ray I don't know if my advice will help any but I have curly hair too and used to just let it air dry but it always looked terrible, now I blow dry with a diffuser, I can't believe what a difference it made for me! (Regular blow drying it's just super frizzy so I'd have to straighten it). I use a leave-in conditioner or detangling spray, scrunch in some mousse, and then a tiny bit of hairspray before blowdrying. I'm going to check out Wen, I haven't heard of it before.
  • Ive never used a diffuser, I air dry mine now. I wash it at night and sleep on it pretty much. Sometimes it looks ok, but I don't love it.

Maybe I need a diffuser, and Wen.
  • I don't know how I made it 25 years before ever trying out my diffuser, most of my blow dryers have come with one and I just never used it until a friend of mine who does hair told me it's what I needed to do (she had a perm and I asked how her hair always looked so good - that's the secret). Hope it works well for you if you do try it.
  • edited February 2012
    OH YES: the diffuser is key.  I started using it maybe 7 or 8 years ago, before that I'd air dry - which was usually pretty nasty.  Air drying made my hair so flat and funny looking.  And without the diffuser you get that kinda, hard wind-blown look.

I ordered Wen online and it's one of those auto-ship things.
    panther
  • I'm popping in too :) I have super curly hair naturally, and a diffuser is an absolute must. I like the ones like this the best:

I flip my head upside down and dry it with that. The other key is not mess with your hair too much. I just get a bunch in the diffuser and hold it to my head as long as I can handle, then flip to cool air for a few seconds and back to hot.  then move the diffuser again.  Try not to scrunch it too much after it's starting to dry. (The only scrunching I do is while putting in product.)

Oh, you didn't ask me ;) But I use Bath & Body works shampoo and conditioner, but I only shampoo once or twice a week and condition every day. As soon as I get out of the shower, I slather on coconut oil, then srunch it dry a little. Then I use the Curls Rock sticky lotion gel stuff (blue tube) and whatever random mousse I have.  
  • I have hair that has a lot of natural wave, but not exactly super curly. I LOVE Deva Curl for it, in particular this gel:  http://www.mydevacurl.com/products/style/angel

I just put it into wet but not soaking hair, scrunch, and let it air dry. I probably use about a nickel size for my fine, shoulder length hair. For some reason me and diffusers just can't get it together. I'd say with this method I've only have 2 or so bad hair days.
  • I've seen Wen products at Sephora, so maybe I'll have to go pick some up-- my curls drive me bonkers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards