Illinois-Chicago

Need help on estimates for catering/florist for Salvage One please

Hey all - We are finally getting around to making a decision on our wedding and are looking at Salvage One in Chicago for the ceremony & reception.  We're struggling with estimating how much the shindig will cost because I don't know how much to budget for the catering and florist there.  Can anyone tell me an approximate amount to use for catering for 175 guests?  We're open to sit down, stations or buffet.  Thanks!

Re: Need help on estimates for catering/florist for Salvage One please

• jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends what you want of course. I got quotes from lots of caterers and they were all at least 120+ per person for Chicago caterers.

Are you having open bar?

Stations and seated dinners are about the same price. Most people say that stations are even more b/c the caterers need more equipment, etc.
  • Sophiann9Sophiann9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - thanks for your reply.  Yikes - we are going to have to cut down our guest list w/ $120 PP.  My fiance is in the beverage industry, so we're hoping to get a little discount on liquor, but yes, will have an open bar.

Good point about the stations.

Thanks!
  • jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that doesn't include cake! The Chicago caterers are expenisve!! One I was impressed with was called Bouique Bites (but not cheap)
  • edited December 2011
    I booked Jewel actering for our wedding. They are a little high around 105-110 a person, but I found that they included alot of things that some others did not.They were also willing to negoiate. They gave us a discoount because we had another offer on the table and they were able to match it and go lower. When I looked at all they included they were the most economical.

They were able to give us line itemed expenses so we knew what we could get rid of. I would definetly recommed them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI booked with Catered by Design (http://www.cateredbydesign.com/) back in May and did a tasting with them. Their food is DELICIOUS and Sam (the owner and person you'd be working with) is wonderful--we have no doubts that he's going to do a fabulous job for our wedding! CBD does so many unique things with the food and really strive to do anything and everything they can for you as the bride and groom. We're doing a buffet style with carving stations and if I remember correctly our total was a little under $16,000 for 200 people (bringing it to around $78/person I believe). This doesn't include liquor but it sounds like you're already set with that. :) HTH! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sophiann9Sophiann9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    This is late but- we looked at Salvage One.  Our favorite caterer on their preferred list was Jewell, but it was still a little steep for us.  We've been to Chicago weddings that they've catered, and the food/service is always good.  I think at Salvage One they do let you bring in your own alcohol as long as your caterer will serve it.  I would definitely do that, it could save you a ton of money.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! My target budget is $80/person, and so far both Honest Foods and Pure Kitchen have come in right about there, plus they use local sources for food and are really creative with menus. If you have fewer than 150 people, FIG Catering could be an option too. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards