Florida-Central Florida

The Mezz vs. The Grand Bohemian

Hello! 
I've been debating between having our reception at the Mezz or the Grand Bohemian. Both have their pros: Mezz - like the idea of being able to negotiate on caterers, the space is really modern and fits the black/white theme I want perfectly, and GB - I like the idea of guests being able to walk to their rooms afterwards, easy to get to/recognize for out of towners, and I love the character all the art brings to the hotel itself. 

The cons would be: Mezz - possibility of guests drunkenly trying to get places, since it's a new venue, I'm a little paranoid that they'll go out of business (I know, it's seriously crazy of me, and their financial viability probably should be the least of my concerns but it's possible!), and then for GB - the $15K food and bev minimum plus the additional cost to rent chiavari chairs, lighting, etc. that come in the Mezz's package is a little intimidating, plus their limitations on vendors might end up being a pain. 

Has anyone had their receptions at either place, and if so, what were your thoughts? 

Re: The Mezz vs. The Grand Bohemian

• lgreenhut1112lgreenhut1112 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Grand Bohemian in November.  I'm not really sure what you mean about limitations of vendors.  We have been able to use basically anyone we have wanted to. Also Sandy has been amazing to work with.

I considered The Mezz as well, but few things including the "will they be opened?" thing made me not end up chosing them.  Also the fact that I wanted my ceremony and reception in the same location.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Je9gomezJe9gomez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at The Mezz.  Why do you think they may go out of business? I hope not!!
  • deehavdeehav member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your paying 15K at the Mezz to get all of the stuff you mentioned and not at GB? I say go with the Mezz, it's so new! But I understand with out of towners and driving after the reception...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards