Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Have to supply own alcohol for wedding around 200 people

Some of the places I am interested in require that you supply the alcohol. Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost for around 200 people?

Re: Have to supply own alcohol for wedding around 200 people

• Options
    jesskbloom21jesskbloom21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My site is also byob. Our site is providing all the garnishes, sodas,etc. They told us to budget for around $13 to $15 per person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are much better off this way, it should be cheaper, usually anyway.

There are places in DE and NJ which are good to buy from.  I think there are Costcos and such which sell booze, not in PA of course.

Also there are online tools which help you figure out how much of each type of booze to buy.
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everything above, I know some people that are supplying their own alcohol are providing beer and then 1 or 2 signature drinks and that's it.  That helps with cost for alcohol too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lauren0409Lauren0409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue requires us to supply the alcohol as well.  I was told to go to DE..since the stores are individually owned you can have one store try to out bid another.  Also, some places allow you to return unopened bottles.  It's a great way to save money!   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, def make sure you buy from a place that lets you return open bottles. I worked a wedding a few weekends ago where they majorly over-estimated how much alcohol they needed and they ended up returning 15 cases of beer, 10+ full bottles of hard liquor, and 15 bottles of wine!

Here's a post from a girl on the Mpls board (where my wedding is going to be) who had 225 people and was about dead on with how much alcohol she purchased - she gives the run down on how much she got of what.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes to all of those things.  Go to places that will let you return open bottles.

A lot of liquor stores will cut you a break when you buy multiple bottles.  I just bought 11 bottles of wine for my rehearsal dinner from a local wine store in DE, and they gave me 5% off. 

If you want specifics on how much to buy of what.... I can ask my dad for you.  He used to be the Food & Beverage Dir of a hotel that catered a LOT of weddings, so he knows about these things.  Anything food related for the wedding, I ran by him.  And I bought 12 bottles of wine based on his recommendation. 

My 11 bottles of wine (for 40 people) cost about $90.  The rule of thumb that my dad said was assume everyone will drink 2 glasses of wine.  That's 80 glasses of wine.  Every bottle has about 5 glasses in it.  80 glasses divided by 5 glasses is 16. Since we know not everyone is going to drink wine, we went with 12. I bought more red than white since I know my family and friends are mostly red wine drinkers.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also like to add that you should check with the venue that you are using. I am at Merion Tribute where we have to provide our own alcohol and we can't have kegs, must be bottles. 

you also have to check your list and see what kind of drinkers are on your list! That list that was proivded broke it down to about 2 drinks a person.  my crew will be a more than 2 drink per person crew! 
    haha! 

good luck! I agree that this might be cheaper with buying your own.  my mom is peruvian so by bringing our own alcohol, we can have a peruvian drink (pisco sour....try it, it is good) that probably wouldn't have been able to have at any other location with alcohol provided! 

nat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards