July 2012 Weddings
Options

Share your wedding favors!

I really had wanted to do cake pops decorated like bride/groom but starting to think that is not feasible. My mom wants me to do a donation to a good cause in the guests name. This is next on my "to do" list so please share your ideas! 
~ES~

Re: Share your wedding favors!

• Options

Well as of now, we're not doing favors. BUT if we did, it would probably be coffee mugs. A lot like Nancy's mugs (sorry for stealing your thunder Nancy!) Coffee/ tea time is a big deal around here so I know they would be used in a heartbeat.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_share-your-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d9342894-4e5a-460e-a007-e9e96fba2cafPost:5cb07711-6e15-43a9-beff-0ae1fb582719">Share your wedding favors!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really had wanted to do cake pops decorated like bride/groom but starting to think that is not feasible. <strong>My mom wants me to do a donation to a good cause in the guests name</strong>. This is next on my "to do" list so please share your ideas! 
    Posted by Eliz77[/QUOTE]

Please don't do this. Not everyone supports the same charities/causes for whatever reason.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No problem Nati!!  That's why we're all here, to share ideas:)  Edible favors don't work in my family (I think it's a cultural thing)  but I do hope that my guests will like my mug.

Love will be written in four different languages: Spanish, Italian, English and German (with a small personalization on the back).  I love them!!
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    We're doing lemonade in mason jars.  I'm also gonna place a mason jar filled with straws in case guests can't wait. It will be something like this.

. Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    We are just doing a candy buffet rather than "actual" favors. It's probably costing me more in the long run lol but it will hopefully be pretty!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I wasnt going to have favors but my sister insisted on having them. She brought stemless wine glasses.
  • Options
    We are doing a candy favor.  My mom found these very cute silver boxes and we are going to fill them with 3 chocolate truffles. We'll probably go to Costco and buy Lindt or Godiva chocolates. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I sort of have two favors. The first is a small jar of M&M's. Some of the M&M's will have our pictures/wedding dates on them, the rest will be in our colors. The jars have a sticker on the lid with our name and date. 

The second is cupcakes! My venue provide a desert but I really wanted cupcakes so after the cake cutting they will be delivered to the guests in boxes. They can eat them there ir take them home.

Still trying to figure out somehting cute for my two nut allergic guests as neither one of these is nut free.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was originally going to get a few lindt chocolates per guest and put them in favor boxes, but then my sister texted me one day and she had bought some rose and heart molds and asked me if she could make my favors so she's doing a mixture of white and dark chocolate hearts and roses and we'll wrap them and put them in the boxes instead. If they turn out horrible we'll go back to the lindt chocolates though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    We are doing mason jar cupcakes. I'm super excited about them bc I LOVE how they look! I hope our guests like them too! :
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Origionally I wasn't going to have favors but lately we have been tossing around the idea of doing something.  We have thought about putting hershey kisses wrapped in our colors on the tables or possibly ordering M&Ms in our colors and putting som in organza bags for each guest.  We're still not sure what we will do if anything because it will all depend on cost.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    IChuumi and anyone else doing M&M's, I just went on a search today and found non name brand M&M type candy at Fresh Market for only $7.99/lb. The brand name ones are more like $12.99/lb. So yeah, see if you can find the cheeper ones, it worked for me!

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_share-your-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d9342894-4e5a-460e-a007-e9e96fba2cafPost:fba851b5-99c1-46f0-a44f-9cbf36d93c59">Re: Share your wedding favors!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AVSfan is right some people are against donations.  However FI and I are doing one anyway in honor of FI brother who passed away in Septembe and honestly if people are not happy about that I dont really give a crap hahah.
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]
    The only reason I would consider if because FI's sister and my Aunt both died after cancer battles. We've also lost other family members due to cancer as well. It would be a way to honor their memories. <div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">"Origionally I wasn't going to have favors but lately we have been tossing around the idea of doing something.  We have thought about putting hershey kisses wrapped in our colors on the tables or possibly ordering M&Ms in our colors and putting som in organza bags for each guest.  We're still not sure what we will do if anything because it will all depend on cost." Pretty much what has been my 3rd plan if donation and cake pops fail!</span></div>
    ~ES~
  • Options
    We haven't ordered them yet, but I'm pretty sure we're doing succulents.  They'll be on the tables with our floral arrangments to help make the centerpieces look more complete.

I'm going to take them out of their pots and spraypaint the containers in navy (one of our colors) and then we're putting the guests' names on them on apple green (other wedding color) stickers or paper.  Not sure yet how it'll work out.  On the back I'm going to write something like "love grows". Cheesy, I know...
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really wanted to do french macaroons but my friend who makes them has closed his business. :(.  I'm trying to find a replacement for them and am maybe going to go the m&m route.  I'm not sure though.

Anniversary
  • Options
    shelby8020shelby8020 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    we may do a  donation to a charity. i dont know why people would be against it lol, do people really need a mouthful of candy or some trinket that will become a dust collector?  just sayin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards