New York-New York City
Options

Photographer

Hi ladies, I was wondering how much you're paying for the photographer in average.  I am receiving quotes of about $1800 for 6 hrs, is that reasonable? When we originally set the budget, we underestimated the cost of photographer and DJ.

Re: Photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it just 6 hours of coverage with a DVD of images at the end? or do you get any albums? DF is a photographer, and for that price you get full coverage, a disc with images, and an album (possibly a parent album, but i don't want to swear to it). Plus, who is your photographer? A more experienced photographer, as in higher demand, will be more money; whereas a less demanded photographer is usually a bit less. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's about average. I met with a couple who were under $1800 that were basic - just the images but no albums. But I found that many NYC based ones started their basic packages well over. My photographer is just starting out so we are getting the entire day plus images (no albums) for $1,000. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid less than that for 8 hours, a CD of all pictures, an online album, and a few prints.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    goldlie/mcjays - who were your photographers? we really don't want to spend more than 1k, and we are willing to go with someone just starting out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards